News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on August 08, 2016, 02:27:52 PM
I received some Trump campaign mail asking for a donation.  Included was a Trump Card with my name on it!  :w00t:

Ha, what a bunch of retards sending a solicitation letter to such a fiercely devoted Gary Johnson supporter.  :rolleyes:

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

celedhring

Phillip V

Quote from: celedhring on August 08, 2016, 04:54:58 PM
AZ and GA have turned blue in the regular 538 forecast.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/?ex_cid=rrpromo

I would also like to see Clinton win Indiana (fuck Pence) and Utah (go Mormons!).

Obama won Indiana in 2008, and Romney/Huntsman should endorse Clinton or Johnson.

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 08, 2016, 05:41:38 PM
Maybe Romney then.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/278261-huntsman-time-for-gop-to-rally-around-trump

I'm not sure it is fair to hold him to whatever opinion he had nearly 3.5 months ago. Most recent thing I could find about him was Lieberman saying that he's been hanging out with people like Huntsman trying to think about what politics could be like post this terrible campaign.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on August 08, 2016, 10:42:24 AM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 08, 2016, 06:53:01 AM
In terms of corruption of the system I would worry far more about Bill and the Clinton Foundation than Hill and her speaking fees etc.

This conspiracy theory confuses me as well. Exactly why would the Clinton's engage in political corruption to fund a non-profit foundation, whose assets they can't touch for personal purposes?

Besides, the foundation model has become the contemporary model for NPO fund management: it allows for tighter control, targeted funding, cuts down on overhead--and it picks up the slack from the politically hostile environment of the last 30+ years and its successful efforts to disengage government from the "social contract" grant business. 

I mean, I know the current fashion is to try to be as indifferent, unsympathetic and cunty as possible toward your fellow man, but c'mon, Sheilbh.  The fucking Church can't do it all by itself.

Sheilbh

Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2016, 06:21:43 PM
I'm not sure it is fair to hold him to whatever opinion he had nearly 3.5 months ago. Most recent thing I could find about him was Lieberman saying that he's been hanging out with people like Huntsman trying to think about what politics could be like post this terrible campaign.
It's like the Onion article today:
http://www.theonion.com/article/trump-campaign-ponders-going-negative-53403

What is surprising about anything Trump's done between April and now?

I think this election campaign's been pretty clarifying of who's got some convictions and who's a hack. Huntsman's failed.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 08, 2016, 06:55:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 08, 2016, 06:21:43 PM
It's like the Onion article today:
http://www.theonion.com/article/trump-campaign-ponders-going-negative-53403

What is surprising about anything Trump's done between April and now?

I think this election campaign's been pretty clarifying of who's got some convictions and who's a hack. Huntsman's failed.

I'm not so rigid but I'd agree that he does not appear to be the man that some people here in the past were so happy about.

Sheilbh

I'm living through my own political party being taken over by lunatics nightmare so I may be particularly angry :lol: :(

I'm surprised by Huntsman and pretty impressed by Romney - which I didn't think would happen.

Incidentally if those Georgia numbers are true that's extraordinary and suggests Trump is starting to lose a big chunk of the evangelical vote.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Berkut

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 08, 2016, 07:08:45 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on August 08, 2016, 05:41:38 PM
Maybe Romney then.
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/gop-primaries/278261-huntsman-time-for-gop-to-rally-around-trump

Wow.  And Jon Huntsman was the only Republican I actually liked and respected in 2012. et tu, Jon?

How could someone who sat out the convention in 2012 over differences in principle with the GOP now call for unity behind fucking Trump???
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Sheilbh

Well he did sit out the convention again. So, you know, profile in courage.
Let's bomb Russia!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Berkut on August 08, 2016, 07:12:39 PM
How could someone who sat out the convention in 2012 over differences in principle with the GOP now call for unity behind fucking Trump???

I just don't get that one at all.  Honestly, he's so far removed from the modern GOP picture, he wouldn't even register on Trump's radar in the first place. 

I really wonder about these people.