News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on May 02, 2016, 08:14:04 AM
Yup, elections would have been much simpler if the party establishment were able to ignore the voters.

I realize, growing up behind the Curtain, you have a different conception as to what the term "party unity" means, but this is the part of the movie when everybody gets in the game and chips in for the big win.

Eddie Teach

Plenty of time for that post-conventions.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 02, 2016, 08:35:01 AM
Plenty of time for that post-conventions.

:yes: I think this is more like the part of the movie where everyone frets that the team is too divided by all sorts of bullshit to come together for the big game, but then they decide to come together and celebrate their unity while respecting their differences (that is the convention), and then they go on to triumph together in the big game (post convention).

I'm talking about the democrats. The republicans are fucked.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 02, 2016, 10:05:51 AM
I see some kids that are gonna owe the swear jar :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCMZaBFcxrk

That is the problem with having a candidate that stirs up such passion in the masses.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Quote from: Kleves on May 02, 2016, 07:40:41 AMThe right is doing its level best to give Hillary the election. The left appears to be trying to give it right back.

If Hillary starts suddenly just imploding once Trump starts focusing on her the DNC could always just parachute Biden in for the convention.  :hmm:  :lol:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Valmy

Quote from: Legbiter on May 02, 2016, 10:14:28 AM
Quote from: Kleves on May 02, 2016, 07:40:41 AMThe right is doing its level best to give Hillary the election. The left appears to be trying to give it right back.

If Hillary starts suddenly just imploding once Trump starts focusing on her the DNC could always just parachute Biden in for the convention.  :hmm:  :lol:

Nah, the Clintons are invincible.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Lettow77

Trump has already exceeded my hopes for him. It seems he will take the convention on the first round, when I would have preferred to see the nomination stolen and given to someone who didn't run in the race or received comically small support. Kasich would have been ideal.

I suppose i'll vote for him in the general, but he'd better not win.  :Embarrass:
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 02, 2016, 10:20:13 AM
I suppose i'll vote for him in the general, but he'd better not win.  :Embarrass:

A fine sentiment Lettow :P

Legbiter

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 02, 2016, 10:20:13 AM
Trump has already exceeded my hopes for him. It seems he will take the convention on the first round, when I would have preferred to see the nomination stolen and given to someone who didn't run in the race or received comically small support. Kasich would have been ideal.

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on May 02, 2016, 03:39:35 AM
QuoteBernie Sanders begins making case to Hillary Clinton's superdelegates

I can't but help feeling that he has now fallen into the pit of ego. He also said that if it is super delegates that give Hillary enough delegates to get the nomination - that's really a contested convention.

WTF is he doing?
I think that like Trump, he didn't expect to get as far as he did, but now that he did, ambition took over.

Martinus

DGuller

alfred russel

Also, Carly Fiorina was a terrible VP choice. If you need to throw a hail mary, don't throw it to the 5'2 and slow white guy without any ups.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014