2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on May 09, 2013, 02:40:28 PM
I'm not talking about Cuomo.

I was.  Anything not related to Andrew Cuomo is irrelevant to the point I was making about him. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 03:36:57 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 09, 2013, 02:00:23 PM
Some masterpiece, business as usual.  "Your boy" is going to be the reason the GOP's going to get waxed again in 2016.  10 years ago, the party chairman would've gotten booted out faster than you can say "bodybags for fags" for being responsible for such a loss like November's.  But no, not Today's GOP.  So much for rebranding.  Letting ethnicky guys like Rubio take the lead on issues isn't exactly fooling anybody.
:whoosh:

Stand down.  I was being sarcastic.
It must be tough, being pretty much the only person of consequence around here who is willing to defend the Republican Party as it stands right now.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on May 09, 2013, 01:47:03 PM
My mistake. (And I thought they were Democrats, but figured I had it wrong.)

You should have figured you were wrong when you figured you were wrong.

derspiess

Quote from: Neil on May 09, 2013, 03:40:45 PM
It must be tough, being pretty much the only person of consequence around here who is willing to defend the Republican Party as it stands right now.

Definitely have to pick my battles.  Note that I'm not on record as defending Reince Priebus.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 09, 2013, 03:40:58 PM

Especially when she emphatically said the dude's name :D

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 03:43:03 PM

So the part where I said that I was wrong is... irrelevent? I realize it's a new concept for you - to admit that you're wrong about something - but I have no problem doing so.

I mean, if you want to keep harping on him, feel free. I was talking about how the GOP continues to lose the center-right due to their inability to understand them. That you haven't acknowledged those points, instead harping on something that I've already said I was wrong on, really makes me think that I'm right about that anyway.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on May 09, 2013, 04:04:43 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 03:43:03 PM

So the part where I said that I was wrong is... irrelevent? I realize it's a new concept for you - to admit that you're wrong about something - but I have no problem doing so.

Oh settle down, dear.  I was just funnin' :hug:

QuoteI mean, if you want to keep harping on him, feel free. I was talking about how the GOP continues to lose the center-right due to their inability to understand them. That you haven't acknowledged those points, instead harping on something that I've already said I was wrong on, really makes me think that I'm right about that anyway.

If you're saying the GOP loses the center-right due to the center-right's inability to understand the GOP, I'm with you :P

merithyn

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 04:32:20 PM

If you're saying the GOP loses the center-right due to the center-right's inability to understand the GOP, I'm with you :P

Yeah, so I'm right. Basically, so long as the Republican Party believes that they are the Law rather than that the people are, there will be no Republican in the White House.

So keep on "funnin'", nancy.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on May 09, 2013, 05:22:01 PM
Yeah, so I'm right. Basically, so long as the Republican Party believes that they are the Law rather than that the people are, there will be no Republican in the White House.

I can't speak for the entire GOP.  I can only speak for myself  :)

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 05:27:20 PM

Thankfully. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2013, 05:28:50 PM
Quote from: derspiess on May 09, 2013, 05:27:20 PM

Thankfully. :P

WE'RE A BIG TENT AFTER ALL!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

The people are the law?

God, why did we ever see fit to give women the vote?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on May 09, 2013, 06:15:06 PM
The people are the law?

You didn't have a say.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on May 09, 2013, 06:15:06 PM
The people are the law?

I know. They can't be trusted with anything.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive