And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on March 04, 2016, 04:16:51 PM
Quote from: Martinus on March 04, 2016, 03:55:20 PM
To be honest I saw the part where Trump talks about Mitt being on his knees, and I don't think he meant it as an innuendo/blow job reference.

How was it anything but? :huh:

Not that I wish to defend Trump or anything, but there is a long tradition of beggars/supplicants going down on their knees, or even all fours, and not getting a sausage stuffed in their mouths.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

DGuller

To be honest I saw the part where Trump talks about Mitt being on his knees, and I don't think he meant it as an innuendo/blow job reference.

Is that a serious question?  Getting on one's knees is a classic human signal of submission.  It's been that way from way before blow jobs became all the rage.

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 04, 2016, 04:22:22 PM

Not that I wish to defend Trump or anything, but there is a long tradition of beggars/supplicants going down on their knees, or even all fours, and not getting a sausage stuffed in their mouths.

But this is Donald Trump we're talking about.  A man who references his penis size in a GOP debate.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

So your argument is that "Trump clearly refers to a blowjob because he's Trump and Trump would do something like this"? :D

You must be very persuasive as a prosecutor.

derspiess

I heard it live on the radio and didn't think of it referring to anything other than Mitt begging, until some secondary reaction from the crowd.  I think most of Languish is hearing what it wants to hear.  Preverts.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on March 04, 2016, 04:27:35 PM
I think most of Languish is hearing what it wants to hear.  Preverts.
I have to agree with you for once.  I can understand saying that for lols, but to seriously believe that Trump was talking about getting blowjobs from Romney?   :wacko:

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 04, 2016, 04:22:22 PM

So I take it that if, in the actual presidential race, Trump suggests that Clinton get down on all fours in front of him, it won't have a sexual component?  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Eddie Teach

Malthus

Quote from: Martinus on March 04, 2016, 04:27:34 PM
So your argument is that "Trump clearly refers to a blowjob because he's Trump and Trump would do something like this"? :D

You must be very persuasive as a prosecutor.

He's suggesting Trump isn't the kind of guy who shies away from public vulgarity, so if he's making a comment that can reasonably be interpreted vulgarly, it's reasonable to assume he was.

Which is a reasonable point.  ;)
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on March 04, 2016, 04:31:33 PM
So I take it that if, in the actual presidential race, Trump suggests that Clinton get down on all fours in front of him, it won't have a sexual component?  ;)

It would be a crime against humanity to put that picture in our minds :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Malthus on March 04, 2016, 04:34:57 PM
He's suggesting Trump isn't the kind of guy who shies away from public vulgarity, so if he's making a comment that can reasonably be interpreted vulgarly, it's reasonable to assume he was.

Trump is also not the kind of guy who chooses his words carefully.

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 04, 2016, 04:34:47 PM
Context is always important.

The context here is a race that has already descended to the schoolyard, with comments about the size of Trump's manhood flying about.

In that specific context, it is impossible to reasonably see Trump's comment as lacking a sexual insult angle.

derspiess

Oh okay, so we have no choice but to apply sexual connotation to everything Trump says from this point on?

Malthus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 04, 2016, 04:37:34 PM
Quote from: Malthus on March 04, 2016, 04:34:57 PM

Trump is also not the kind of guy who chooses his words carefully.

Well, yeah. He's a guy who has publicly joked about dating his own daughter, which is usually unwise.  :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diMp241gAcw

What makes anyone think he wouldn't joke about Mitt oral?

Malthus

Quote from: derspiess on March 04, 2016, 04:42:45 PM
Oh okay, so we have no choice but to apply sexual connotation to everything Trump says from this point on?

Well, I'd just do that for stuff that is obviously sexual, but if you want to do that for everything he says, be my guest.  :D