News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

QuoteNationally, the YouGov data show a similar trend: Nearly 20 percent of Mr. Trump's voters disagreed with the freeing of slaves in Southern states after the Civil War. Only 5 percent of Mr. Rubio's voters share this view.

Ok now that has to be some kind of troll.  :lol: Legbiters just wanting to screw with the Liberals for the lulz.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Saw this on the Guardian live feed

QuoteCNN is reporting the results from Centennial high school in Las Vegas, a large caucus site where 40 precincts went to caucus today.

That caucus site - and it bears noting that this is just a single snapshot - is showing a 'uuuuuuge win for Trump, and a bad loss for Marco Rubio:

Donald Trump: 44 percent

Ted Cruz: 31 percent

Marco Rubio: 14 percent

John Kasich: 7 percent
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 23, 2016, 11:56:41 PM
:lmfao:

:huh: You posted that nearly two hours ago.  How many more times are you going to post it?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Habbaku on February 24, 2016, 12:03:20 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 23, 2016, 11:56:41 PM
:lmfao:

:huh: You posted that nearly two hours ago.  How many more times are you going to post it?

I tried to post that a couple of hours go and the site died on me.

I then tacked it on to my comment to Derspeiss about Lincoln Douglas. Have no idea how it suddenly popped up now.

A few other of my posts were eaten earlier, I wonder if they'll also show up suddenly now? :unsure:

1 Karma Chameleon point

OttoVonBismarck

And to confirm the pre-result call, CNN has officially declared it for Trump, with 3% in he's at 42, 22% cruz,  21% rubio.

alfred russel

Quote from: Monoriu on February 23, 2016, 08:17:13 PM
I don't understand the idea of a wall in the US/Mexico border.  We are not talking about West Berlin.  The US/Mexico border is very long.  Building it is going to be really expensive, and I don't see how the Mexican government will agree to pay for it.  And it isn't just a matter of building it.  You have to man it, and maintain it.  And even then, the wall will not keep out everybody.  People will find ways.  They can go around the wall, dig underneath it, blow a hole in it, climb over it, or simply bribe their way through.  There was a wall between Hong Kong and Mainland China (there still is), and there was a time when hundreds of thousands of people still got through.  When you are escaping the Great Leap Forward or the Cultural Revolution, a mere wall won't stop you.  It just made the process more difficult, but if people are determined to go through, they will find a way.

You are missing the two key elements of Trump's plan:

#1: it will be a really good wall. He emphasizes this point a lot. Such a good wall won't be so easy to bypass.

#2: Trump is a really good negotiator. He wrote the book on negotiation. He will be able to convince Mexico to pay for the wall.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Habbaku on February 24, 2016, 12:05:25 AM
Think I'm gonna go have a quiet vomit.

No need for alarm. This country has seen racist demagogues with presidential aspirations in the past, and none have yet taken office. How again did we stop Huey Long?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

jimmy olsen

Trump has 43.5% of the vote as of now.

Carson and Cruz have 27.2% of the vote so far, if Trump only got 1/4th of those votes he'd add 6.8% to his total, bringing him to just over 50%. Does anyone really think Trump is only going to get 1/4th of those votes? if Cruz and Carson drop out?

1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 24, 2016, 12:29:32 AM
Trump has 43.5% of the vote as of now.

Carson and Cruz have 27.2% of the vote so far, if Trump only got 1/4th of those votes he'd add 6.8% to his total, bringing him to just over 50%. Does anyone really think Trump is only going to get 1/4th of those votes? if Cruz and Carson drop out?

He would likely have a strong majority in any two way matchup (except against Clinton of course--just talking about the primary).

However, on 538 someone said Trump's best two states nationally are New Jersey and Nevada. Lets hope so.

Lettow77

What a horrible and unbecoming denigration of the Kingfish. The Kingfish sleeps abottom Lake Pontchartrain even now, husbanding his strength against the day when the corruption & waters reach their highest tide and threaten to engulf Louisiana once and for all. The Once and Future Kingfish is a river to his people in this and every year, in spite of what aspersions yankee beancounters may care to cast against the honored dead.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'