2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Viking on May 09, 2013, 10:27:14 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2013, 10:21:03 AM
Btw, as much as it pains me to say so, I pretty much agree with what Viking listed in his appraisals. I was also thinking that Scott Walker seems the best of that bunch which doesn't say much.

Why does it pain you?

Why would I ever want to agree with you? :huh:

Besides, why should I be happy that the proposed Republican candidates are shitty?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

katmai

Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2013, 10:28:06 AM
Quote from: Viking on May 09, 2013, 10:27:14 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 09, 2013, 10:21:03 AM
Btw, as much as it pains me to say so, I pretty much agree with what Viking listed in his appraisals. I was also thinking that Scott Walker seems the best of that bunch which doesn't say much.

Why does it pain you?

Why would I ever want to agree with you? :huh:

Besides, why should I be happy that the proposed Republican candidates are shitty?
because deep down you are lefty leaning free program loving pinko!
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Jacob

Some demographic analysis here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-p-mcdonald/2012-turnout-race-ethnict_b_3240179.html
http://www.newrepublic.com/article/113160/november-2012-census-data-obamas-coalition-will-hold-together#

QuoteDemographic change, not turnout, is the primary force driving the declining white share of the electorate, and the GOP will need to adapt.

QuoteThe more important political story may be the dramatic decline in youth turnout, as it poses a challenge to Democrats and an opportunity for Republicans.

Seems that shifting demographics are favouring Democrats, but that the youngest voters are not quite committed yet and still somewhat up for grabs - or could remain unengaged.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Viking

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2013, 10:44:42 AM
I plan on voting for whoever Meri hates.

Santorum-Huckabee 2016 it is then?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Ed Anger

Jacob

Ed Anger

merithyn

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 09, 2013, 10:44:42 AM
I plan on voting for whoever Meri hates.

That'll be a trick since I don't generally "hate" anyone. Just in case, though, I absolutely despise Hillary. ;)
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Ed Anger

Admiral Yi

Calling Rubio the Tea Party candidate seems like a case of deductive reasoning.

Speesh, did you say Cumo would get shellacked in the Dem primary?  If so, why?

Rand Paul was on Iowa Public Radio the other day making the case for less social conservatism in the GOP.  He punched all my buttons.

merithyn

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 09, 2013, 11:53:51 AM
Calling Rubio the Tea Party candidate seems like a case of deductive reasoning.

Rand Paul was on Iowa Public Radio the other day making the case for less social conservatism in the GOP.  He punched all my buttons.

In a good way or a bad way?

Personally, a less socially conservative GOP would make me very, very happy.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 09, 2013, 11:53:51 AM

No, general.  Sorry if I was vague.  He'd do really well in the primary unless his general electability became a primary issue.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall