2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Grinning_Colossus

Here's a map that will keep us in suspense:  :)

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

The Minsky Moment

More leaks coming out of the FBI, not surprising: if the boss doesn't follow the rules why would his underlings

Director has completely lost control of the agency
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on November 02, 2016, 10:33:41 PM
Here's a map that will keep us in suspense:  :)

I guess if Trump gets convicted of fraud in his trail later this month, McMuffin could get elected by the House, but I doubt it.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grinning_Colossus

We'd have the joy of watching multiple state recounts before we even got to that stage.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 02, 2016, 10:37:45 PM
I guess if Trump gets convicted of fraud in his trail later this month

Zero chance of that happening as its a civil case.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

CountDeMoney

QuoteBlack Turnout Soft in Early Voting, Boding Ill for Hillary Clinton

African-Americans are failing to vote at the robust levels they did four years ago in several states that could help decide the presidential election, creating a vexing problem for Hillary Clinton as she clings to a deteriorating lead over Donald J. Trump with Election Day just a week away.

As tens of millions of Americans cast ballots in what will be the largest-ever mobilization of early voters in a presidential election, the numbers have started to point toward a slump that many Democrats feared might materialize without the nation's first black president on the ticket.

The reasons for the decline appear to be both political and logistical, with lower voter enthusiasm and newly enacted impediments to voting at play. In North Carolina, where a federal appeals court accused Republicans of an "almost surgical" assault on black turnout and Republican-run election boards curtailed early-voting sites, black turnout is down 16 percent. White turnout, however, is up 15 percent. Democrats are planning an aggressive final push, including a visit by President Obama to the state on Wednesday.

But in Florida, which extended early voting after long lines left some voters waiting for hours in 2012, African-Americans' share of the electorate that has gone to the polls in person so far has decreased, to 15 percent today from 25 percent four years ago.

The problems for Democrats do not end there. In Ohio, which also cut back its early voting, voter participation in the heavily Democratic areas near Cleveland, Columbus and Toledo has been down, though the Clinton campaign said it was encouraged by a busy day on Sunday when African-American churches led voter drives across the state.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/02/us/politics/black-turnout-falls-in-early-voting-boding-ill-for-hillary-clinton.html?ribbon-ad-idx=6&rref=politics&module=Ribbon&version=context&region=Header&action=click&contentCollection=Politics&pgtype=article

jimmy olsen

Either someone is lying under oath or Trump is a pedophile

A sworn affidavit where Jeffery Epstein's employee recounts Trump getting a double blow job from a 13 and 12-year-old (on page 12).

https://www.scribd.com/doc/316341058/Donald-Trump-Jeffrey-Epstein-Rape-Lawsuit-and-Affidavits#fullscreen&from_embed
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: jimmy olsen on November 02, 2016, 11:32:16 PM

Someone = "Tiffany Doe" i.e. an anonymous affidavit.  It does not provide specific times, places, circumstances.  And the premise of the case is that the complainant (and witness) remained silent for decades out of fear of retaliation.  But once the perp became a major nominee for the most powerful office in the world, they are no longer afraid?

Thin.
--Joan Robinson

Razgovory

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 11:53:15 PM

Someone = "Tiffany Doe" i.e. an anonymous affidavit.  It does not provide specific times, places, circumstances.  And the premise of the case is that the complainant (and witness) remained silent for decades out of fear of retaliation.  But once the perp became a major nominee for the most powerful office in the world, they are no longer afraid?

Thin.

That's at least worth seven Congressional investigations and wild mobs screaming for prison time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 11:53:15 PM

Thin.

Guardian looked into this a few weeks ago  (link is somewhere in this thread). Apparently the suit is pushed by someone with a history of spurious or questionable claims against celebrities.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on November 02, 2016, 11:09:53 PM
QuoteBlack Turnout Soft in Early Voting, Boding Ill for Hillary Clinton
The problems for Democrats do not end there. In Ohio, which also cut back its early voting, voter participation in the heavily Democratic areas near Cleveland, Columbus and Toledo has been down, though the Clinton campaign said it was encouraged by a busy day on Sunday when African-American churches led voter drives across the state.

In better news, the polls had Trump up +1 in Clark County in Nevada, but early voting has the Democrats leading with almost 5,000 votes (out of 36K). In 2012 at this time, the Dems were leading by 4,000.

So while the polls may be going the wrong way in spots there are some pretty good indicators elsewhere... and actual votes > poll numbers.

https://twitter.com/RalstonReports/status/794041861258166272

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/02/politics/nevada-early-vote-clinton-trump/

EDIT: more directly to your point:
Quote from: the ArticleThough the state doesn't provide ethnic breakdowns, party officials and liberal groups are bullish -- almost risking overconfidence -- that Latino, Asian-American and Pacific Islander turnout will soar past 2012 levels. That would help make up for the decline in African-American turnout that Democrats are seeing across the nation.

Martinus

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on November 02, 2016, 10:36:49 PM
More leaks coming out of the FBI, not surprising: if the boss doesn't follow the rules why would his underlings

Director has completely lost control of the agency

Yeah, it's a shame Obama could not keep a lid on all those juicy news about Clinton.  :D

Apparently, FBI now "99% sure" as many as five foreign intelligence agencies hacked into Clinton's server. But no, there has never been any problem.