2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 20, 2015, 04:37:08 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on April 20, 2015, 04:33:41 PM
I think there will be other candidates.

You have any particular ones in mind?

The dude with a boot on his head declared his candidacy.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Sheilbh

If I were forced to bet Yi :P

In terms of likely candidates at this stage, O'Malley's been spending a fair amount of time in Iowa and New Hampshire.

QuoteYou have any particular ones in mind?
No. I've no idea who would beat her, but I think she's very beatable.
Let's bomb Russia!

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 20, 2015, 04:44:55 PM
No matter who wins, we all lose. <_<

Nah, not true at all. No matter who wins, the 0.5% wins, so we don't ALL lose!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Neil

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2015, 04:36:11 PM
I'd be more than happy to take your money from you.  The only other people who have expressed even the slightest interest so far are Captain Communist and Lady Occupy, and I don't believe either have made a move in that direction in the last six months.
O'Malley?  He's neither Sanders nor Warren.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2015, 05:52:41 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2015, 04:40:38 PM
I totally forgot about Footwear Man.
The guy from Mass. with the weird name? :hmm:

Yep.  Vermin Supreme.  Great name.  Apparently "Terry McAuliffe" was taken.

KRonn

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 20, 2015, 04:44:55 PM
No matter who wins, we all lose. <_<

The only way to win is not to play. But someone always has to play!   :D

KRonn

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 20, 2015, 04:33:41 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 19, 2015, 07:27:47 PM

All of it, but the Clinton part in particular.
My opinion's unchanged from 2008. She's a weak candidate with a ruthless operation around her. If they can fix it so it's a coronation, she'll do fine. If there's ever any other candidates, my money would be on her losing (not least because all that ruthlessness turns inwards when there's trouble). I think there will be other candidates.

Edit: And the rest's fairly uncontentious :P

There's a new book coming out soon detailing the connections between the Clinton foundation and some favorable deals made for foreign governments. NY Times called the writer meticulous in supporting his work, and I assume the NYT will also be looking into things. We'll see what comes up over this now. Maybe Hillary should hurry and find all those deleted emails on her server and give the media something more shiny to peruse, to deflect attention from this new shiny bauble.

I've heard the sentiment expressed before this and server gate of how Dem operatives worry over what else may come out, especially if they put all their eggs in the Hillary basket. It's still early but I have to think that more Dems will run against Hillary. They almost have to it would seem, as even if a candidate is a good one it's very odd not to have a strong primary race.

grumbler

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2015, 05:54:42 PM
Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2015, 05:52:41 PM
The guy from Mass. with the weird name? :hmm:

Webb from Virginia.

If his name really was "Webb from Virginia" and he was from Mass, he'd be "the guy from Mass. with the weird name."  :P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!