News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Air Force Scramjet test is a complete success!

Started by jimmy olsen, May 06, 2013, 09:27:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Kleves on May 06, 2013, 11:53:24 PM
Yeah, we've circled back around to biplanes.

We actually need A/C with a long loiter time and some ordinance... oh yeah, we have 'em... Predators.
I'm hearing that transports have become cool again with the pilot-wannabes because they see the writing on the wall.  The days of fighter jocks are numbered.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

CountDeMoney

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 07, 2013, 03:44:13 PM
The days of fighter jocks are numbered.

Not really.  Gonna be tough to fly those drones remotely when the Chinese blasts the C3 network to cyber-smithereens and the monitor goes blank when the uplink is dead. 
You'll still need human pilots on station.

AnchorClanker

That would be the USN pilots flying off the carriers.   :mad:

The USAF Academy is noticing more pilots opting for transports, as the guys who really, really want to fly stuff in person knows that's where it's at.  The guys who just wanna blow shit up are going into preds and not into the fighters, etc.
The final wisdom of life requires not the annulment of incongruity but the achievement of serenity within and above it.  - Reinhold Niebuhr

Neil

Besides, the whole USAF will lose their shit and surrender when the Chinese take down their email.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Neil on May 08, 2013, 04:36:25 PM
Besides, the whole USAF will lose their shit and surrender when the Chinese take down their email.

Or, more likely, they will demand (and get) more funding for STRATCOM.  And demand that a USAF General command CYBERCOM.
And then they will rip up the old carpet and put new, blue carpet in.  And then they will get into pillow fights and have the clowns come out and tickle them, just like boot camp.  And then they will bitch about being picked on by the other branches.  Plus ca change...

Tonitrus

AnchorClanker

katmai

I thought it was because he was dressed up as the clown :unsure:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

AnchorClanker

Quote from: katmai on May 08, 2013, 05:40:01 PM

Good point.  Were you a 'rope' Tonitrus?   :lol:

Tonitrus

Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 08, 2013, 05:41:54 PM

Hells no.  Ain't nobody(who cares about being proficient in their job) got time for that.

AnchorClanker

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 08, 2013, 05:44:14 PM
Quote from: AnchorClanker on May 08, 2013, 05:41:54 PM

Hells no.  Ain't nobody(who cares about being proficient in their job) got time for that.

Great answer.   :hug:

Tonitrus

Except right now, my skills are wasting away as I perform an under-appreciated (but important) admin-hell job.  :(

Tonitrus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 08, 2013, 06:22:51 PM
What's a "rope?"  :)

Some kid in technical training school who thinks he is better/more special than his peers, and is hoping to suck off some glory/power-trips from the people in charge...but who usually actually treat him like crap, or is forced to baby-sit the slackers and misfits.

Admiral Yi

Thanks.  Any idea why they're called ropes?