First 3-D-printed gun fired, but its digital blueprints make bigger bang

Started by jimmy olsen, May 06, 2013, 07:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 07, 2013, 11:17:22 AM
:lol: Derspeiss is now worried that the government is going to start take away a new type of gun that only one person in the country has!

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Well, you are.  Also, there's no reason a plastic barrel, case and bullet need too weak to contain a blast.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

crazy canuck

Its sad that the gun nuts have appropriated this technology for their own twisted ends.

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2013, 11:41:32 AM
Its sad that the gun nuts have appropriated this technology for their own twisted ends.

Aww, would you like a tissue?
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

crazy canuck

Quote from: 11B4V on May 07, 2013, 11:58:19 AM

No, you can save that for the family of the first person that gets killed by one of these guns.  Or would having sympathy for such a victim run contrary to your gun nut oath of allegiance?

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

11B4V

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2013, 12:00:03 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 07, 2013, 11:58:19 AM

No, you can save that for the family of the first person that gets killed by one of these guns. 

Require a background check to own 3d printers then.  :lmfao:

QuoteOr would having sympathy for such a victim run contrary to your gun nut oath of allegiance?

Unaware of that. No secret handshake either. Despite what you "Anti-nutters" try to dream up. Maybe if you put your tin foil hat on it will become clearer.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 07, 2013, 11:35:48 AM
Well, you are. 

No, but feel free to support your case.

QuoteAlso, there's no reason a plastic barrel, case and bullet need too weak to contain a blast.

:huh:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Grey Fox

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2013, 12:08:33 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 07, 2013, 12:02:59 PM
If you can print a gun, you can print vest!

But can you print a tissue out of plastic? :hmm:

Maybe. Everything is in the realm of possibility with 3d printing.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 07, 2013, 12:20:34 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 07, 2013, 12:08:33 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on May 07, 2013, 12:02:59 PM
If you can print a gun, you can print vest!

But can you print a tissue out of plastic? :hmm:

Maybe. Everything is in the realm of possibility with 3d printing.

Though probably won't out of plastic given that they are already printing organic veins and meat.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.