News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Certifications

Started by Darth Wagtaros, May 06, 2013, 06:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

I've been mostly employed (well, entirely employed) for my entire adult life other than two weeks when I got laid off once till I started my next job. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

Beebs is a Debbie downer. Congrats, Cal! :cheers:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Emily got mad when I said that the PMP is the CPA of the project management world.

Yeah, it's not as hard to get as a CPA but my point still stands. :contract:

Caliga

Ok, so now that I have my PMP it's time to start thinking about my next cert. :)

Does anyone have any of the ITIL certifications? :hmm:

Caliga

I think I will be pursuing either a COBIT or an ITIL cert next.

Also thanks for the feedback bitches  :rolleyes:

Grey Fox

You are the certificates master, we have no feedback to give.

You are part of the problem.  :mad:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

Actuallly that's a good topic. I have an ITIL v3 Foundation cert but it is rather old. Does it worth going for the one higher level, or if I stop there I might as well just shouldn't bother?

Caliga

One of my co-workers in Chicago has both COBIT and ITIL (foundation level) and I meant to talk to him about this when I was up there last week, but predictably he was out that week. :rolleyes:

Dude's wife is Brazilian and it seems like they go there like once a month...

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on March 14, 2019, 10:06:57 AM
Actuallly that's a good topic. I have an ITIL v3 Foundation cert but it is rather old. Does it worth going for the one higher level, or if I stop there I might as well just shouldn't bother?
Also FYI ITIL is only on to v4 these days, so it seems like you're not THAT far behind.

There's a new ITIL master level cert but it's supposed to be extremely difficult to get, as in you basically have to be a CIO/CTO/CISO to qualify for it, and as those dudes are typically going to be at the pinnacle of their careers I am not sure why they'd waste time and money getting it? :hmm:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on March 15, 2019, 03:51:58 PM
Quote from: Tamas on March 14, 2019, 10:06:57 AM
Also FYI ITIL is only on to v4 these days, so it seems like you're not THAT far behind.

There's a new ITIL master level cert but it's supposed to be extremely difficult to get, as in you basically have to be a CIO/CTO/CISO to qualify for it, and as those dudes are typically going to be at the pinnacle of their careers I am not sure why they'd waste time and money getting it? :hmm:
ITIL gives out flair like lapel pins and shit.  The ITIL Overloards are like SCRUM 5th Level Masters and shit.  For people who already have a Porsche and need something else to brag about.
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on December 07, 2018, 05:32:33 PM
I'm a PMP now bitches  :showoff:
I got elected to the Board of Directors. :sleep:

I was in an all day leadership meeting today and the PMI bigwigs are rolling all this new shit out.  Basically, they are offering like a kiddie cert for grade schools now and some Citizen Developer thing.  They all sound like good ideas to me but I hope the core certification programs don't get diluted. :hmm:

Also, there was a white dude on the call from Jamaica and he had the Jamaican accent... so weird to hear a white guy with that accent and accept he's not doing some sort of racist impersonation. :wacko:

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on February 26, 2021, 08:30:07 PM
Quote from: Caliga on December 07, 2018, 05:32:33 PM
I'm a PMP now bitches  :showoff:
I got elected to the Board of Directors. :sleep:

I was in an all day leadership meeting today and the PMI bigwigs are rolling all this new shit out.  Basically, they are offering like a kiddie cert for grade schools now and some Citizen Developer thing.  They all sound like good ideas to me but I hope the core certification programs don't get diluted. :hmm:

Also, there was a white dude on the call from Jamaica and he had the Jamaican accent... so weird to hear a white guy with that accent and accept he's not doing some sort of racist impersonation. :wacko:
Did he have dreads?  Because that'd be awesome.

PDH!

Caliga

Darth Wagtaros

I'm supposed to get another certificate for work.  I guess an Azure one.  Blagh
PDH!

Caliga

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on April 29, 2021, 09:01:13 AM
I'm supposed to get another certificate for work.  I guess an Azure one.  Blagh
So they just told you to get another cert and they don't care which one? :hmm: