News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Enema Bandit of Champaign, IL

Started by Syt, May 04, 2013, 02:14:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Thank you, Cinema Snob, for informing me about something I've never wanted to know.

As far as sexual predators go, this has to be one of the stranger ones.

http://haycriminal.blogspot.co.at/2009/02/enema-bandit.html

QuoteEnema Bandit.

Michael H. Kenyon is an American criminal nicknamed the Enema Bandit. He pleaded guilty to a decade-long series of armed robberies of female victims, some of which involved sexual assaults where he would give them enemas. He is also known as the "Champaign Enema Bandit" the "Ski Masked Bandit", and "The Illinois Enema Bandit".

His earliest attacks were in March 1966 in Champaign, Illinois. Early one morning he entered a home through a window and, wearing a red argyle ski mask and carrying a gun, administered enemas to two sisters, aged 16 and 18. After stealing $70 from their father's wallet, he left them, tied with torn strips of bedsheet, with a promise to call the police within 15 minutes to free them. Kenyon's largest attack was on five sorority girls. He often gained entry through sliding glass doors that were typical in student apartment buildings in Urbana and Champaign at the time, and provided the impetus for landlords to provide bars to block sliding doors from opening from the outside.

Kenyon graduated from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1967. The attacks ended in Champaign and the attacks were repeated in Manhattan, Kansas; Norman, Oklahoma; and Los Angeles, California.

In May 1975, Kenyon returned to Champaign. In a single night of terror he administered an enema to a Champaign woman, robbed and bound four women, and gave two enemas to the same woman. He was involved in a minor traffic accident later in the night.

Kenyon was arrested in suburban Chicago a few weeks later in connection with a number of robberies there. Under questioning he began to talk about the enema bandit. He was found to be legally sane, and pleaded guilty to six counts of armed robbery in December 1975. He was sentenced to six to twelve years in prison.

He was later questioned and released in connection with the 1982 Chicago Tylenol murders after a prisoner claimed Kenyon boasted that he planned to do something worse upon release, which occurred shortly before the Tylenol incident. It was determined that Kenyon had nothing to do with this incident.

Sideshow Note:
The Enema Bandit became the subject of Frank Zappa's song "The Illinois Enema Bandit", first released on Zappa in New York.
The Enema Bandit was the inspiration for the 1976 adult film Water Power

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

syk

Champaign enemas. People would pay for that.

Syt

I believe that might be dangerous, though. I recall a case of a guy getting alcohol poisoning from a wine enema - it appears that the colon absorbs alcohol into the bloodstream super fast and very efficiently.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

syk

That's why people would pay for it!  Mr Kenyon needs better marketing.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on May 04, 2013, 02:29:31 AM
I believe that might be dangerous, though. I recall a case of a guy getting alcohol poisoning from a wine enema - it appears that the colon absorbs alcohol into the bloodstream super fast and very efficiently.
Butt Chugging
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_enema

QuoteAn alcohol enema is a faster method of alcohol intoxication since the alcohol is absorbed directly into the bloodstream. The lower gastrointestinal tract lacks the alcohol dehydrogenase enzyme present in the stomach and liver that breaks down ethanol to make it less toxic for the body. The alcohol will still eventually arrive at the liver, but the high alcohol content could overwhelm the organ. Additionally, consuming the alcohol rectally neutralizes the body's ability to reject the toxin by vomiting.[2]

Overall, experts believe that alcohol enemas are a dangerous method to consume alcohol.[2]
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Richard Hakluyt

I expect he used sparkling wine rather than real champagne  :mad:

Martinus

I blame Paradox - they already mixed Aztecs with Champagne.

CountDeMoney

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

grumbler

I take it some women found this guy a pain in the ass?   No surprise.  The guy was just a do-gooder who heard about "asphalt" and decided to do something about it.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

merithyn

:blink:

Can I just say that I waited to move here until 30 years after this guy was caught? I mean, seriously.  :ph34r:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...