Study proves: IT geeks aim to please in bed.

Started by Syt, May 24, 2009, 06:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

GEEKS BEST IN BED – GYM-GOERS MOST SELFISH
QuoteNationwide research of over 2000 people in relationships has found that those who work in the tech sector are less selfish in bed and more open to using sex toys, whilst the same research also found that those who work in the fitness industry or were regular gym-goers were more likely to be selfish and think of their needs above their partner's.

An anonymous study of 2,084 British men and women in relationships conducted by the UK's leading independent PS3 videogame and console site has found a correlation between geeks and their openness to pleasing a partner in bed, with four in five agreeing that sex should be more about 'the partner', as opposed to people who worked in the sports and fitness industry where just 41% agreed.

56% of respondents were male, 44% female.

When asked by www.PS3PriceCompare.co.uk "Do you regularly use sex toys with your partner?" the respondents that worked in the tech sector; in jobs within IT such as computer analysts, web design and development were most likely to.

Eight out of ten tech workers said that sex toys played an important part in their sexual relationships. The fitness-minded participants were the least likely to use them, with just three in ten claiming to use them regularly.

People working within manual jobs were second, with 66% confirming they regularly used sex toys to enhance their lovemaking.

When asked "How regularly do you and your partner have sex?" 53% of office workers claimed to have sex 3 or more times a week, compared to business owners at the other end of the scale, where just 21% said they had sex 3 or more times a week. Sports and fitness workers were second with 47%, followed by techies with 38% at third and manual workers at fourth with 36%.

The question "During sex, do you consider your partner's sexual needs above your own?" prompted the following responses, with over half of fitness workers and business owners proving to be the most selfish in bed:

Men that answered 'yes' broken down by sector in which they work,

1. IT workers – 82%
2. Office workers – 74%
3. Unemployed – 69%%
4. Manual workers– 53%
5. Business owners – 49%
6. Sports and fitness workers – 41%

Mike Elsmore, head developer of PS3PriceCompare.co.uk said,

"This study was initially just a fun idea between myself and my friends, wondering whether due to the more 'methodical' nature of us tech-minded individuals, our sex lives were any different to say, business owners or fitness buffs.

"The response by the participants that made me giggle the most was that those of us more into gadgets and new technology were more likely to use sex toys with our partners, something that with hindsight may have been obvious before the box was ticked!"

ENDS

Full research results of both men and women are available upon request.

For more information, please feel free to get in touch with Rich Leigh, 10 Yetis Public Relations Agency, on 01452 348 211 or [email protected]. Alternatively, find me on Twitter @RichLeighSmith

EDITORS NOTES:

www.PS3PriceCompare.co.uk has been gratefully featured in The Metro, The Mirror, The Sun, The Register, Pocket Lint, Web User, CVG, MSN, Yahoo, on national TV news programmes such as BBC News, ITV News, Channel 4 News and many other media outlets.

PS3PriceCompare.co.uk is a site that brings together all the best deals from retailers such as Game, Gamestation, Play.com, Gameseek, Dixons, PC World, Currys and more, ensuring that users can view the best deals before making their choice.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

DisturbedPervert

When asked by www.PS3PriceCompare.co.uk "Do you regularly use sex toys with your partner?" the respondents that worked in the tech sector; in jobs within IT such as computer analysts, web design and development were most likely to.

Strix

That's a shocker. IT people who are less likely to possess a great physique are more likely to be less selfish than those who are in great physical shape. Who would have thought it.

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

saskganesh

The IT' ers are lying.

They have to help people all day long at work... and they hate it.
humans were created in their own image

Grallon

Quote from: saskganesh on May 24, 2009, 08:03:09 AM
The IT' ers are lying.

:lol:

True most of the time but there are a couple of guys at the office I'd love to service more than I do now.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Admiral Yi

Strix

"I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left." - Margaret Thatcher

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: saskganesh on May 24, 2009, 08:03:09 AM
The IT' ers are lying.

LOL you have no idea what you are talking about. They only make people think they are helping them. Really, they spend all day thinking of interesting and intellectually challenging ways of screwing with you. Oh!, we changed the password requirements to include at least seventeen characters, four special characters, two characters from the character mapper and at least one capital. Oh, and no repeats up the the last 25 passwords.

...Suckers.  :cool:

IT people spend all day controlling other people. So being submissive in bed is like a fantasy for them.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Norgy

"Beta patches" suddenly have a whole new meaning. Or maybe not.

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

Brazen

They hacked into the system and changed the results, duh.

Malthus

Just goes to show that imaginary sexual partners are very easy to please.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius