News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NeverWinter MMO

Started by crazy canuck, May 01, 2013, 05:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbr

The PVP us actually pretty fun, 2 of my friends have leveled almost the entire way to 60 only doing PvP.

Outside of the limited number of maps (like 2), game modes, and the fact that cash store mounts and enchantments can be used in PvP.

frunk

Quote from: Tamas on May 13, 2013, 02:36:01 PM
For PVE? What kind of competition is there? You don't need blue and purple itesm to defeat the mobs.

I'm not talking about PvP, I'm talking about the eventual endgame PvE where you might want to experiment with different builds with the best possible equipment.  You won't be able to do that cheaply.

The Astral Diamonds in Neverwinter are used for not just the top level items, but all items bought on the trading post and can be converted to Zen to buy the real money stuff.  Effectively it is the most useful and important currency in the game, and the easiest way to collect it without paying cash is to do the dailies and manage your professions.  All the other adventuring stuff is nice and fun, but it doesn't do much for your in game wealth accumulation.

Iormlund

Quote from: Tamas on May 13, 2013, 02:36:01 PM
For PVE? What kind of competition is there? You don't need blue and purple itesm to defeat the mobs.

Apparently all you need at end game are two clerics dropping Astral Shield.

Mr. Grey

It is basically STO in D&D skins, which is not necessarily a bad thing.

What I liked about STO is the ability to earn XP and rewards while I was sleeping or at work and Neverwinter allows you to do the same. I love the crafting system.

The gameplay is meh. I did roll a GWF, but haven't experienced many of the issues people are complaining about on the NW forums. I just followed one of the DPS build guides and am an AoE machine. As several have mentioned, it is annoying not being able to move with your inventory opened.

I started playing after reading about it on RPS (playing on Dragon in the RPS guild). I enjoyed STO, and this is basically the same game. I am only lvl 30 and am still enjoying it. That might change come 60 and run out of things to do.
Autokrator lives

crazy canuck

I gave up on STO within a few weeks.  I gave up sooner with this game.

katmai

STO is much better than the mess they released it as, only played NW one night as it didn't capture me at all.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

frunk

I've stopped playing, wandered back to GW2 for a bit.

crazy canuck

Quote from: katmai on May 15, 2013, 09:29:39 AM
STO is much better than the mess they released

I will give it another try when I get some time.

sbr

Quote from: frunk on May 15, 2013, 09:49:12 AM
I've stopped playing, wandered back to GW2 for a bit.

Me too.  I am now trying to level a Necromancer only through WvW.  I started at level 7 and am now level 19.5.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 15, 2013, 10:12:14 AM

It depends what you didn't like about the game. but yeah - it is improved.  Much more stuff to do, few nifty new gameplays implemented.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

Quote from: Barrister on May 15, 2013, 12:00:52 PM

It depends what you didn't like about the game. but yeah - it is improved.  Much more stuff to do, few nifty new gameplays implemented.
Did you try the open beta/test server stuff Beeb?
They are adding playable Klingon from lvl 1, vo for missions quest givers. And of course the Romulan faction  with own quests from lvl 1-40.

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on May 16, 2013, 08:05:34 AM
Quote from: Barrister on May 15, 2013, 12:00:52 PM

Did you try the open beta/test server stuff Beeb?
They are adding playable Klingon from lvl 1, vo for missions quest givers. And of course the Romulan faction  with own quests from lvl 1-40.
Nah - just waiting for it to go live.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

katmai

I played through first 15 or so levels as wanted to see the 2nd ship you get. Stopped as didn't want to spoil the story as been fun so far.

Joined a fleet of like minded Romulan fans and learning the fleet/starbase aspect of game now.