UK dispatches warships in response to Spanish threat to Gibraltar

Started by Syt, May 24, 2009, 02:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on May 24, 2009, 11:34:19 AM
It's not even British anyway, it's one of those overseas territories thingamajigs that allows them to call themselves Brits when it's to their favour, and to say that they're not Brits when it suits them.
Sorta like Canada, then.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Ed Anger

Send in Sir John Moore to Corunna and teach the wog a lesson.  :bowler:

Hell, make it Roger Moore.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Octavian

Will the Spanish employ the weapon most feared by the Royal Navy: The Persian?

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

Neil

Quote from: Octavian on May 24, 2009, 03:16:00 PM
Will the Spanish employ the weapon most feared by the Royal Navy: The Persian?
Spain isn't in the Middle East.  The RN could sink every dago ship on the seas, and the world would thank them.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Grey Fox

The right thing would have been to post a picture of 8-bit Link.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 24, 2009, 05:50:14 PM
The right thing would have been to post a picture of 8-bit Link.

The right thing would have been to skip the videogame shit altogether.

Neil

I hated Legend of Zelda.  It was faggoty and unsatisfying.  The early sword-and-sorcery videogames were all wanting.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2009, 05:57:59 PM
I hated Legend of Zelda.  It was faggoty and unsatisfying.  The early sword-and-sorcery videogames were all wanting.

I remember not being able to tell what I was fighting or what I was suppose to be.  It's this sort of ambiugity that modern video games lack.  I do remember that it was satisfying to eat my fallen enemie's hearts as a way to regain health.  At least that's what I thought I was doing.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

For their time the early zeldas were pretty good. I loved the gameboy one.
The modern ones though- :thumbsdown:
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Razgovory on May 24, 2009, 06:58:20 PM
Quote from: Neil on May 24, 2009, 05:57:59 PM

I remember not being able to tell what I was fighting or what I was suppose to be.  It's this sort of ambiugity that modern video games lack.  I do remember that it was satisfying to eat my fallen enemie's hearts as a way to regain health.  At least that's what I thought I was doing.
:lol:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point