Question for the Beaners

Started by Admiral Yi, April 26, 2013, 08:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: katmai on April 26, 2013, 11:44:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2013, 11:40:57 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 26, 2013, 11:15:36 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2013, 10:42:56 PM
Does eating beans every day for three weeks in Brazil make me a beaner? :)
No.

Thank God. *phew*

We wouldn't want you, ya dirty Uke.

And no one I know calls Brazilians "beaners"

Well they sure as fuck ate a lot of beans.  :yuk:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

No.

Indeed.  You can take the Mongol-Slav out of the Ukraine, right, ese? :(
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

You know, Ide, I don't think there's a one drop rule for beaners.  :P
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

katmai

Like his Dorseyesque ass even has one drop <_<
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

I had some chorizo this morning. It was Spanish.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Syt

It says "No. 1 en Espana". Though the back says "Importat de [Company Name], Bucuresti", so it's probably gypsyfied. And contains horse meat.  :hmm:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Syt

Well, may contain horse meat (which I don't mind). Supposedly it's made from pork. I guess I shouldn't visit the Jewish museum today.
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 11:29:01 PM
Quote from: Martim Silva on April 26, 2013, 11:14:03 PM
If a person = "that guy", and indicating a slightly negative/negative opinion of the person.

Hmm. That doesn't seem in keeping with how it's used here. It's more like "buddy", and certainly isn't used negatively that I've seen.

I'm pretty sure Martim isn't the first person I'd go to about Mexican customs, his links with the ambassador notwithstanding. :P
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2013, 11:45:28 PM
Quote from: katmai on April 26, 2013, 11:44:00 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 26, 2013, 11:40:57 PM
No.

Thank God. *phew*

We wouldn't want you, ya dirty Uke.

And no one I know calls Brazilians "beaners"

Well they sure as fuck ate a lot of beans.  :yuk:
different kind of beans. brazillians really like turtle beans for some reason. we can call you turtle if you like? :P
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2013, 06:44:22 AM
Quote from: merithyn on April 26, 2013, 11:29:01 PM
Quote from: Martim Silva on April 26, 2013, 11:14:03 PM
If a person = "that guy", and indicating a slightly negative/negative opinion of the person.

Hmm. That doesn't seem in keeping with how it's used here. It's more like "buddy", and certainly isn't used negatively that I've seen.

I'm pretty sure Martim isn't the first person I'd go to about Mexican customs, his links with the ambassador notwithstanding. :P
""esse" means "that" in Portuguese, but used mainly when the object isn't identified. ie give me "that thing". So he extrapolated. He's wrong, but i can see his reasoning.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".

garbon

Yeah but it's the motivation - to be seen as knowledgeable on subjects he clearly knows little about, that's the issue here. ;)
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

HVC

Quote from: garbon on April 27, 2013, 09:02:47 AM
Yeah but it's the motivation - to be seen as knowledgeable on subjects he clearly knows little about, that's the issue here. ;)
welcome to languish :D