Tim finally gets a job as a news anchor?

Started by Caliga, April 23, 2013, 07:02:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Full article here, plus video (warning: profanity (duh)): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/22/nbc-aj-clemente-suspended-on-air-flub_n_3131044.html

QuoteAJ Clemente, Local Anchor, Fired After Saying 'F---ing Sh-t' On Air (VIDEO)
Posted: 04/22/2013 8:41 am EDT  |  Updated: 04/22/2013 5:14 pm EDT

A local news anchor was fired on Monday after his first-ever words on air turned out to be very inappropriate.

As AJ Clemente prepared for his debut on the evening news program for North Dakota's NBC affiliate KFYR, he uttered some words that he must have dearly wished he could take back.

"F---ing sh-t," he was heard whispering into his mic as an announcer introduced the show. It was Clemente's very first moment on air, and also his last. He was first suspended for using profanity and his coanchor, Van Tieu, opened up the 10:00 p.m. news hour with an apology.

"We were caught off guard and [Clemente] didn't realize his microphone was on. And while that was no excuse - we do train our reporters to always assume that any microphone is live at any time - unfortunately we cannot take back what was said. But, we do apologize and hope that you may forgive us and rest assured, that something like this will not happen again.," she said.

Sorry Tim, I love ya bro, but it just reminded me of you cause it's a young Hispanic guy who obviously loves the news.

I was amused at all the comments from idiots defending him.... even aside from his dropping of profanity, the guy was HORRIBLE and obviously not ready for prime time.  I mean, come on... could his Philadelphia/Baltimore regional accent have been more glaringly obvious?  News anchors are all but required to deliver the news in the General American accent or whatever it's called. :sleep:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2013, 07:02:49 AM
I swear this was posted before.
Not by me, though.  Therefore the previous post, if any, is unworthy. :)

dps

My best friend used to be a d.j., and he told me that one of his co-workers had said, "Fuck" as the first thing he ever said on-air.  Apparantly, the guy was in broadcast school, and the class was taken to the local PBS station to actually get some on-air experience.  He was supposed to read some local stuff when they came out of the feed they were carrying, and the guy flipped open the mike, thought he had flipped the wrong switch, and dropped the f-bomb.  Turned out he had flipped the right switch and opened the mike after all.

Of course, he was just a student at a broadcasting school, they couldn't fire him or anything like that, so I guess it didn't hurt his career in the long term.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

To be forever known as the "GAY FUCKIN' SHIT" guy?  Seems unlikely. :)

OTOH, because he did that he's more famous, at least for now, than he ever would have been as a weekend night anchor at some shithole affiliate in the middle of nowhere. :)

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on April 24, 2013, 09:05:59 AM
To be forever known as the "GAY FUCKIN' SHIT" guy?  Seems unlikely. :)

OTOH, because he did that he's more famous, at least for now, than he ever would have been as a weekend night anchor at some shithole affiliate in the middle of nowhere. :)

Now he can become a youtube celebrity.

Caliga

Maybe he'll learn how to be a broadcaster on YouTube. :)

The chick he was co-anchoring with was kinda bad, too.  Honestly, watching them reminded me of my high school 'news station'. :sleep:

Tonitrus

He could join the military...that's at least as good as Armed Forces Network news.

citizen k

Quote from: Caliga on April 24, 2013, 06:43:51 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 24, 2013, 06:12:03 AM
He's living the DREAM!  :cool:
Not anymore man. :(

BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — A North Dakota news anchor whose profanity-laced television debut got him fired after one broadcast is already getting job offers.
A.J. Clemente's first stint as an anchor at KFYR-TV in Bismarck on Sunday night was also his last after he uttered two obscenities just as cameras began to roll. Clemente was fired Monday.
By Wednesday, he was making appearances on national talk shows as a bit of a celebrity. On "Live with Kelly and Michael," hosts Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan offered Clemente a job interviewing celebrities on the red carpet at the premiere of Pierce Brosnan's "Love Is All You Need." A wide-eyed Clemente agreed.
Later, he tweeted photos from the set of "The Late Show" with David Letterman, where he was to appear Wednesday night.

Josquius

That was lame, the amusing part was his messed up introduction.
██████
██████
██████

DGuller

It's a little scary how Internet can make the most random people celebrities, for the stupidest reasons.