Chechnya Is Not Czech Republic, Twitter Reminds Itself (TWEETS)

Started by Martinus, April 20, 2013, 07:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2013, 03:00:54 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2013, 02:43:59 AM
Of course not. But you have not observed "a number of Scotsmen". You have observed a few red headed people, some of which happened to be Scotsmen and concluded that a lot of Scotsmen are red headed.

That's why rather than calling you a bigot, I called you a fucking retard - which is more appropriate, since you seem to fail to grasp basic principles of logic and statistics.

There are two basic problems with you calling me a retard.  One is that you insult people like breathing.  When you do it all the time, it loses any significance.  It becomes background noise.

The second, more serious problem is that you have amply demonstrated, time and again, that you are one of the stupidest posters on Languish.  For your judgement to carry any weight you would first have to have some credibility.  You have none.

I have not observed a number of redheads and mistakenly concluded they were Scotsmen.  I've observed a number of Muslims killing innocent civilians.

Yi, that is a most articulate, stylish, and gentlemanly thrashing. If I could give a Before commendation for thrashing with style, I would.

bien fait

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2013, 03:02:43 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2013, 02:51:16 AM
But this isn't about observing some mundane fact, it's singling people out for some persecutor action based on a perceived difference.

I'm not proposing putting people in jail or fining them for the crime of being Chechen or Muslim.  I'm proposing we evaluate potential risks when assessing immigration and visa applications.

It's still using state powers against them because of an ethnic background.  I'm curious, where do you draw the line at bigotry?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 20, 2013, 09:42:52 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 20, 2013, 09:37:38 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 20, 2013, 09:36:03 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 20, 2013, 09:16:38 PM
the most attractive ethnicity in the world

Link, please.
Not going to have that much luck.  Most pics are of them in hijabs or with a dozen bullet wounds.

Fine, I'll settle for an explanation how a bunch of brown dirt farmers in the armpit of southwest Asia are "the most attractive ethnicity in the world".
A quick perusal of google images reveals a distinct lack of pigmentation.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 21, 2013, 03:00:54 AM
Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2013, 02:43:59 AM
Of course not. But you have not observed "a number of Scotsmen". You have observed a few red headed people, some of which happened to be Scotsmen and concluded that a lot of Scotsmen are red headed.

That's why rather than calling you a bigot, I called you a fucking retard - which is more appropriate, since you seem to fail to grasp basic principles of logic and statistics.

There are two basic problems with you calling me a retard.  One is that you insult people like breathing.  When you do it all the time, it loses any significance.  It becomes background noise.

The second, more serious problem is that you have amply demonstrated, time and again, that you are one of the stupidest posters on Languish.  For your judgement to carry any weight you would first have to have some credibility.  You have none.

I have not observed a number of redheads and mistakenly concluded they were Scotsmen.  I've observed a number of Muslims killing innocent civilians.

I have observed both muslims and non-muslims killing innocent people on the US soil. In fact, over the last year, what could pass for mass murder attacks resulted in 2 deaths by muslims and several dozens by non-muslims. But even if all of these were perpetrated by muslims, it still makes the risk of an average muslim perform such attack as miniscule in practice as it is for a non-muslim to perform such attack.

Ergo, you are still a retard.

As for the rest of your post, well, I will take our relative position in professional life as a good measure as to which one of us is a loser and which is not. So far I have not been reduced to being an unemployed piece of shit living for free at my parents' home at any point of my adult life, so I am still ahead of you, loser.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Martinus

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2013, 06:33:47 AM
I didn't think you have ever been to the US.
I don't think Yi has "observed muslims killing innocents" outside of tv either.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on April 20, 2013, 10:31:12 PM
Aint nothing wrong with those cave dwellers

You can always find a polished turd in a pile.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2013, 06:45:32 AM

So?  We were all pretty much watching it on live TV on 9/11.

dps

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2013, 06:45:32 AM

I think Raz's statement was pertaining to the question of whether you or Yi is the bigger loser.  You're in Poland;  Yi's not. 

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on April 21, 2013, 06:26:47 AM
I have observed both muslims and non-muslims killing innocent people on the US soil. In fact, over the last year, what could pass for mass murder attacks resulted in 2 deaths by muslims and several dozens by non-muslims. But even if all of these were perpetrated by muslims, it still makes the risk of an average muslim perform such attack as miniscule in practice as it is for a non-muslim to perform such attack.

Ergo, you are still a retard.

And look what the killings by non-Muslims has led to: an attempt to strengthen gun background checks.  I.e. an attempt to limit gun sales based on specific risk factors.  Only a miniscule percentage of emotionally troubled people commit gun violence.  Should we therefore ignore it as a risk factor?

QuoteAs for the rest of your post, well, I will take our relative position in professional life as a good measure as to which one of us is a loser and which is not. So far I have not been reduced to being an unemployed piece of shit living for free at my parents' home at any point of my adult life, so I am still ahead of you, loser.

There is no doubt that I am the loser and you are the winner.  But that's not what we were talking about, which is who is the retard.  And unfortunately for you that doesn't correlate one for one with income.  Most people here seem to have a low opinion of your intellect based on of your posting history.  Don't take my word for it; feel free to ask around.  There must be some people here who's word and judgement you trust.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2013, 04:24:22 AM
It's still using state powers against them because of an ethnic background.  I'm curious, where do you draw the line at bigotry?

I use bigot to describe a person who has ill will towards another group.  I.e, I wish all Amish would die.

I use prejudiced to describe a person who cannot or will not incorporate new evidence into their model of group behavior.

Razgovory

Desire for increased surveillance because of blanket suspicion doesn't indicate ill will?  It would seem so to me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on April 21, 2013, 02:21:30 PM
Desire for increased surveillance because of blanket suspicion doesn't indicate ill will?  It would seem so to me.

Not the way I see it.  I can conceive of a world in which Muslims all say "this terrorism thing was a bad idea, let's all drop it."  When behavior changes, counter-measures would change.

Razgovory

So you harbor no ill will toward people who endorse terrorist behavior?  Yi, this sounds suspiciously like "it's not bigoted, because it's justified".  Most people who are bigots believe they are justified.