Chechnya Is Not Czech Republic, Twitter Reminds Itself (TWEETS)

Started by Martinus, April 20, 2013, 07:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2013, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: DGuller on April 20, 2013, 01:10:15 PM
Analyzing risk factors = profiling.  Don't weasel out by using euphemisms.

You know, you have this disturbing tendency to heap invective when you're dead wrong.  And you never once have admitted you were wrong to do so.

Reread my post you moron.  I didn't say I was opposed to racial profiling.  I'm all for racial profiling.
Ok, I misinterpreted your post, which IMO was written a little unclearly.  But most of the time, I heap invective when debating against GOPtards, so I don't do it only when I'm dead wrong.

Admiral Yi

:yeahright: Did your father used to beat you whenever you conceded a point or apologized?

DGuller

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2013, 01:57:36 PM
:yeahright: Did your father used to beat you whenever you conceded a point or apologized?
I misinterpreted your post because you didn't express your point clearly.  Then you didn't take the opportunity to correct my misinterpretation first time around, and reinforced my misunderstanding by another unclear post that could be interpreted as a defense of the argument I attributed to you.  I admitted my misinterpretation of your original point when you finally clarified your point.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2013, 12:32:34 PM
But it makes good sense to me to use Muslim as a risk factor when assessing immigration or visa applications.

Sounds pretty straightforward to me.

Martinus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2013, 12:32:34 PM
But it makes good sense to me to use Muslim as a risk factor when assessing immigration or visa applications.

1. These guys came from Russia.
2. They lived in the US for 10 years.
3. They did not convert to Islam until they were in the US.
4. The percentage risk of a muslim immigrant committing a terrorist attack is minuscule.

Each of these four reasons means you are a fucking retard.

Though it's funny that a Korean chronically unemployed loser like you seems to be the constant champion for randian jingoism.

CountDeMoney

derspiess

They're ethnic Chechens, so I think they were muslim all along.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Martinus on April 20, 2013, 02:28:20 PM
4. The percentage risk of a muslim immigrant committing a terrorist attack is minuscule.

Though it's funny that a Korean chronically unemployed loser like you seems to be the constant champion for randian jingoism.

1. I think Khazakstan.  But so?
2. So?  The Somali immigrants to Minnesota who joined Shabab had been in the US about that long.  The imam we hellfired in Yemen was born in the US, as was the Army imam who killed a bunch of GIs. The guys who tried to blow up Ft. Dix and the guys who tried to car bomb Times Square had been living in the US for a while.
3.  I missed that.  Why would a Chechen, who are Muslim to begin with, need to convert?
4. So?

English is not your first language, so I can't hold against you your misuse of jingo.  It means someone who is eager for war.  Xenophobe might work better.  But of course that means an irrational fear of foreigners, and I don't have a fear, irrational or otherwise of, for example, Norwegians. And it also begs the question of why believing Muslim is a risk factor constitutes an irrational fear.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on April 20, 2013, 12:16:19 PM
Boy you're just looking to get pissed off about it, aren't you? :lol:

Nah I was already hot about it.  Stupid twitter.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

If you're serious about risk and security you obviously use racial/ethnic/religious/political/etc profiling.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 20, 2013, 02:50:28 PM
Quote from: Martinus on April 20, 2013, 02:28:20 PM

1. I think Khazakstan.  But so?
2. So?  The Somali immigrants to Minnesota who joined Shabab had been in the US about that long.  The imam we hellfired in Yemen was born in the US, as was the Army imam who killed a bunch of GIs. The guys who tried to blow up Ft. Dix and the guys who tried to car bomb Times Square had been living in the US for a while.
3.  I missed that.  Why would a Chechen, who are Muslim to begin with, need to convert?
4. So?

English is not your first language, so I can't hold against you your misuse of jingo.  It means someone who is eager for war.  Xenophobe might work better.  But of course that means an irrational fear of foreigners, and I don't have a fear, irrational or otherwise of, for example, Norwegians. And it also begs the question of why believing Muslim is a risk factor constitutes an irrational fear.

Xenophobe doesn't work, but the word "bigot" does.  Use that one instead :)
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on April 20, 2013, 08:21:27 PM
Nope.  Try again.  Try harder.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Queequeg

Quote from: derspiess on April 20, 2013, 02:40:53 PM
They're ethnic Chechens, so I think they were muslim all along.
Little known facts-until the 19th Century majority of Chechens were pagan.  Sad to think that only two centuries the most attractive ethnicity in the world belonged to a sexually liberated religion and are now almost universally fanatically Muslim.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on April 20, 2013, 08:59:29 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 20, 2013, 08:21:27 PM
Nope.  Try again.  Try harder.

Okay smart guy, which one would you like?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017