What I Learned From Gay Sex: Misogyny and Homophobia

Started by garbon, April 18, 2013, 09:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on April 18, 2013, 09:27:36 PM
Nevertheless, I'm not sure I buy that there is this critical mass of gay men who demand non-femmy partners.  If that were the case, how are all the shockingly twinky gay men I've met getting laid?  I mean, I can practically guarantee that if I were gay, I'd probably still want to fuck skinny people that were shorter than me.

I've no idea. I don't know who goes in for twinks...though I don't think they generally are counted as femmes...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

I think it makes an interesting point about pervasive misogyny, even though that's something of an aside.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure I buy that there is this critical mass of gay men who demand non-femmy partners.  If that were the case, how are all the shockingly twinky gay men I've met getting laid?  I mean, I can practically guarantee that if I were gay, I'd probably still want to fuck skinny people that were shorter than me.
I want to go with hot tall girls with big boobies. Doesn't mean I get them.
██████
██████
██████

Eddie Teach

I think it makes an interesting point about pervasive misogyny, even though that's something of an aside.

If you were gay, you'd want different traits than you do now. It's kinda in the definition of gay. It's not like a straight guy who's got a gun to his head and told to fuck dudes.

However, if gays are anything like the lesbians on the L Word, you may have a point. The androgynous Shane was a mac daddy while the much hotter Jenny had more struggles.  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on April 18, 2013, 10:04:47 PM

I've no idea. I don't know who goes in for twinks...though I don't think they generally are counted as femmes...

There are other kinds of twinks than full-on femme twinks, but as I understand the usage all twinks are a little femmy by definition by body structure and appearance.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Eddie Teach

As I understand the usage, twinks are overpowered and fun to play, but take no skill. :whistle:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on April 18, 2013, 08:41:47 PM
Doesn't it stand to reason that if a man is interested in men he will be interested in men fit the image of what an attractive man is? This of course doesn't mean effeminette.

Of course, different people have different types, but even girls who are into more flowery and emotional sorts of guys tend to like some 'manliness'.

Yes.

Martinus

Twinks and fems are different things.

Twinks are masculine, but boyish/young. Bears/muscle daddies are masculine, but older. Neither are the same as effeminate.

Martinus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 18, 2013, 10:10:12 PM

If you were gay, you'd want different traits than you do now. It's kinda in the definition of gay. It's not like a straight guy who's got a gun to his head and told to fuck dudes.

However, if gays are anything like the lesbians on the L Word, you may have a point. The androgynous Shane was a mac daddy while the much hotter Jenny had more struggles.  :hmm:

I think it differs from a person to a person but I always said that if I wanted to have sex with something that looks like a woman, acts like a woman and talks like a woman I'd be straight.

Josquius

Wonder if there's more of a preference from bi guys for the more feminine men :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on April 19, 2013, 01:55:26 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 18, 2013, 10:10:12 PM

I think it differs from a person to a person but I always said that if I wanted to have sex with something that looks like a woman, acts like a woman and talks like a woman I'd be straight.

Ah so I guess you don't take issue with the homophobia as you project it everyday. :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: fahdiz on April 18, 2013, 05:23:31 PM
That, though, allows much more opportunity for one to be pleasantly surprised.

Not really.  If you have an open mind, you have an open mind.  People create their own opportunities.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

According the signs I see around campus we are up to LGBTQIA (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual Queer Intersex Asexual) if you are scoring at home....or even if you are by yourself.  Yes fight for the right to be Asexual.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Lettow77

Oh, yeah. For sure- I think y'all are an older set and so out of touch with what the tumblr hambeast crowd has to say, but that's very common there, and they are largely the face of college..stuff. I know a few folks who identify as asexuals and are quite vigorous about the right to be so. (an accompanying issue is wishing there were no third person gendered pronouns, so an unjust identity could not be projected upon you.)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 19, 2013, 08:18:52 AM
I know a few folks who identify as asexuals and are quite vigorous about the right to be so.

Interesting.  What are their demands?

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on April 19, 2013, 07:45:10 AM
According the signs I see around campus we are up to LGBTQIA (Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual Queer Intersex Asexual) if you are scoring at home....or even if you are by yourself.

Which is absurd. Such an umbrella really can't stand for anything or hope that it's diverse membership will really see eye to eye on issues.