Ex-Cal tree-sitter hurt in West Bank protest

Started by garbon, March 13, 2009, 06:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 13, 2009, 11:51:16 PM
:D

Kinda true in a way.  Met lots of people who applied to Stanford and didn't get in.  Not as many the other way around.  Though once in Cal I think is much more hard core with grades than just about any school in the country.

Yes, it's the constant refrain of Stanford students when we think about our rival in the bay.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

saskganesh

so why is this funny? old growth trees suck and he smells?
humans were created in their own image

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: DisturbedPervert on March 13, 2009, 11:33:51 PM

???

Who are you?  You went to Berkeley? 

Yep, right after I got out of the slammer. I was still hooked on smack at the time, and I made my home in the bushes next to Bancroft Steps. Lots of pretty girls made their way through there. I got most of my food from the International House dumpster, which is why I say I lived there. Good eats.

... For some reason, most people seem just as surprised when I tell them, but yeah, I'm class of '08. :) I was Testy on the old forum - posted about 3 times a year.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

dps

Quote from: saskganesh on March 13, 2009, 11:54:23 PM
so why is this funny? old growth trees suck and he smells?

He's pro-Palestianian, and a tree-hugger.  One or the other of those is gonna rub a lot of people the wrong way.

DisturbedPervert

Cool dude.  Lived in Unit 1 and then on College Ave most of the time, and for a bit near Telegraph.  Never tried the I House dumpsters, but they used to have some nice parties.  And the cafe used to serve booze without ID.   ;D

Grinning_Colossus

I lived in Unit 1 my first year, too -- in Slottman, one of the new neo-brutalist buildings with the rectangles sticking out of them -- then I moved up to Panoramic, right across from the stadium.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

DisturbedPervert

When I was in unit 1, I was in Freeborn...which fucking sucked. 

Syt

Quote from: derspiess on March 13, 2009, 06:31:08 PM
Both the trees and the terrorists lost a good friend :(

The trees are terrorists.  :-X
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

And people say I am a predictable poster. I could have predicted all the responses in this thread before even opening it.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on March 14, 2009, 04:46:50 AM
And people say I am a predictable poster. I could have predicted all the responses in this thread before even opening it.

Okay, what was I going to say?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

saskganesh

Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2009, 02:57:29 AM

get a grip. wood is really not that dangerous.
humans were created in their own image

Syt

Quote from: saskganesh on March 14, 2009, 07:54:16 AM
Quote from: Syt on March 14, 2009, 02:57:29 AM

get a grip. wood is really not that dangerous.

Tell that to the South African lesbians.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on March 14, 2009, 04:46:50 AM
You predicted that Testy went to Berkeley, despite the fact that we don't really know much about him?

You know, you're a terrible lawyer, but a first-rate psychic.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

I had a post planned in this thread but I'm waiting for Marty to predict what it is.  He'll probably just say "there's no way to predict you and then insult me". :(  That sounds like something that jerkweed would do.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2009, 07:00:14 AM
I had a post planned in this thread but I'm waiting for Marty to predict what it is.  He'll probably just say "there's no way to predict you and then insult me". :(  That sounds like something that jerkweed would do.

He knew you were going to post that.  :)