News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

4x

Started by PDH, April 16, 2013, 09:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecil

I hear the lag has been fixed. Considering that was one of the main killers I´m optimistic about this.

crazy canuck

Downloading it now.  Hopefully that patch has been implemented.

MadBurgerMaker

This new version seems much more stable and smooth. 

crazy canuck

Only got a few moments to play it.  I think I am going to enjoy this one. 

PDH

Just to note - the "release" version is still a bit buggy.  It seems to be late beta, really.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadBurgerMaker

One thing I've noticed is my repair drones don't seem to be functioning anymore.  I had a busted up frigate that wasn't able to repair itself, couldn't move, etc, so I sent a couple of those supply ships with four supply shuttle bays and two repair drone launchers each (and later a couple of "custom designs" with nothing but repair drone launchers), but they didn't do anything once they got there.  Just orbited around it, and launched supply shuttles when it needed ammo for me taking command of it and making it fire off a few rounds.

The frigate can't move to be scrapped, the repair ships won't repair, sooo...it just sits there.  Kind of annoying.

The Brain

That's the public sector for you.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

PDH

A race with negative diplomacy had better build up a nice fleet (likely since it's early game, fighters), otherwise everyone will want to piss on your Wheaties.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

Played this a bit last night. Solid purchase, I like it. The diplomacy has a very Star Control vibe with the music and the aliens being colorful in that Starcon2 way. The little owl dudes are like the ZoqFotPik and the cyber guys are like the Mycon.

I can't turn the firing radius of my guns in the designs. Did somebody mention that? Maybe there's something I missed.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 08, 2013, 07:01:06 PM
Played this a bit last night. Solid purchase, I like it. The diplomacy has a very Star Control vibe with the music and the aliens being colorful in that Starcon2 way. The little owl dudes are like the ZoqFotPik and the cyber guys are like the Mycon.

I can't turn the firing radius of my guns in the designs. Did somebody mention that? Maybe there's something I missed.

Click on the gun, then click and drag in the middle of its arc.  If it's a spinal mounted weapon (railguns or heavy mounted beam lasers, for example), you can't turn it.  Sometimes it can be a little touchy when it comes to where you click and drag.

PDH

As MbM said click on it a second time (I always try to hit the upper left corner) then click and drag after move out from the weapon a bit - it seems easier and less touchy to get the arc to move if you are beyond the original weapon.

-edit after I was home and checked how it was done...
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

How do carriers decide what kind of fighter to stock up with? Can I force them to use a particular design?

PDH

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 12, 2013, 08:39:50 PM
How do carriers decide what kind of fighter to stock up with? Can I force them to use a particular design?

I know when you design a carrier you can choose the type of fighter
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

MadImmortalMan

Stardrive is 66% off today on Steam. Ten bucks.

Cecil

Speaking of discounts Alpha Centauri is 60% off on GoG and the game includes Alien Xfire which is damn near impossible to get a hold of.