News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

4x

Started by PDH, April 16, 2013, 09:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

God I wish there was a 4x space game that had a soul.

That is all.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

:hug:

Master of the Obvious
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Josquius

Produced within the past 10 years I assume you mean.
██████
██████
██████

Lucidor

Endless Universe isn't that bad.

Syt

I like Endless Space, GalCiv2 with expansions and Distant Worlds. Haven't spent much time with Star Drive.

MoO2 was fun at the time, but eventually too easy and unbalanced (cyborg+telepathic = unbeatable).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Alcibiades

Check out Stardrive yet?   Pretty good game and the customization of ships is pretty neat that most of you would get lost in it and only do that.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/220660/

Has an open beta if you buy it, release date is officially the 26th.  One man project, pretty impressive.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Berkut

That looked interesting until the first three words of the first "feature" bullet point.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Grey Fox

Quote from: Berkut on April 17, 2013, 10:23:52 AM
That looked interesting until the first three words of the first "feature" bullet point.

Comeon, I know you want to make a Sentient Banana Race.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Crazy_Ivan80

stardrive is pretty fun, and the beta is patched frequently.

FunkMonk

Stardrive looks like a simplified Distant Worlds, which is a good thing. I think I'll have a go at it once it's a bit more polished up. The race customization and ship designing aspects intrigue me.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Alcibiades

The coolest thing in this game is the ship customization.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

PDH

But does it have the IT factor?  I remember MOO3 being cool but empty, GalCiv was sort of the same for me.  Sure MOO2 became the same thing over and over, but that was when I had played it to death.

Maybe I was younger then, or dumber.  But nothing in the genre has grabbed me in a while.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

katmai

Quote from: PDH on April 17, 2013, 03:46:13 PM
But does it have the IT factor?  I remember MOO3 being cool but empty, GalCiv was sort of the same for me.  Sure MOO2 became the same thing over and over, but that was when I had played it to death.

Maybe I was younger then, or dumber. But nothing in the genre has grabbed me in a while.

Clearly that wasn't the case...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Tonitrus

I got Star Drive, but haven't done much with it lately...I thought my graphics card was pretty good (though it is a built-in on the mobo), but SD runs pretty damn slow on my CPU.

And it cannot be that my processors/memory are that old yet.  :(