News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Sang-Froid: Tales of Werewolves

Started by viper37, April 11, 2013, 10:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

A little advertising for a Quebec indie developper :)

It's apparently a fun game:
The Review

The Web site

The game on Steam for 14.99$

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Neil

I've seen ads for this, but my distaste for werewolves has had me stay away.

Now that I know it's from Quebec, I'll have to stay doubly away.  The game is probably all about rioting and robbing people so that you can give the money to students who spend it on cigarettes and poutine.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Grey Fox

Quote from: Neil on April 11, 2013, 05:29:25 PM
I've seen ads for this, but my distaste for werewolves has had me stay away.

Now that I know it's from Quebec, I'll have to stay doubly away.  The game is probably all about rioting and robbing people so that you can give the money to students who spend it on cigarettes and poutine.

It's not a modern quebec game.

Btw, what's with the Quebec hate but the Habs love?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

So, I'm guessing you haven't played the latest Mass Effect DLCs and certainly won't play any other Bioware Mass Effect product in the future?

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 11, 2013, 07:46:13 PM
Btw, what's with the Quebec hate but the Habs love?
It's a Federalist conspiracy ;)

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on April 16, 2013, 12:34:07 PM
So, I'm guessing you haven't played the latest Mass Effect DLCs and certainly won't play any other Bioware Mass Effect product in the future?
:lol:

The things I could tell you.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on April 16, 2013, 05:00:45 PM
:lol:

The things I could tell you.
Most of the Edmonton staff has moved to Montreal for the project?  It's not really a secret.
Or you want to tell me that Bioware/EA is in Quebec because of the generous tax credidts, not because the workforce is über productive?  Not a secret.

If, however, you mean to tell me that Quebec based studios are worst than their American & Canadian counterparts, then we'll make a list of overrated games and non finished/buggy products and compare that to their main place of origin.

Neil

I'm not saying anything about any recent or future projects.

At any rate, there's hundreds of people at Bioware Edmonton, and I can assure you that they haven't shipped them to Montreal.  I'm sure the other studios would provide Montreal with guidance in any projects they might work on in the near future, since the problem of many a small studio who has concentrated on only DLC is experience, not competence, productivity or Frenchness.

Grey Fox

How many employee does Bioware Edmonton have?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

viper37

Quote from: Neil on April 16, 2013, 07:20:25 PM
At any rate, there's hundreds of people at Bioware Edmonton, and I can assure you that they haven't shipped them to Montreal.
I meant those working on Mass Effect 4 or whatever it will be called.  One of the developper said he was moving to Montreal, and many people who previously worked on ME3 were moving too.

Neil

Quote from: viper37 on April 17, 2013, 10:09:39 AM
Quote from: Neil on April 16, 2013, 07:20:25 PM
At any rate, there's hundreds of people at Bioware Edmonton, and I can assure you that they haven't shipped them to Montreal.
I meant those working on Mass Effect 4 or whatever it will be called.  One of the developper said he was moving to Montreal, and many people who previously worked on ME3 were moving too.
Maybe some people are moving, but the core team is doing Something Else.  I don't know anyone who is moving to Montreal, although I do know lots of people who have been spending some time there to provide some help.

garbon

Back on the game - I'm not sure that it looks very fun. It certainly doesn't look very good. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.