News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Maduro Steals Venezuelan Election

Started by Queequeg, April 15, 2013, 01:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

I think you've misunderstood Latin America if you think being a Catholic and a Marxist are contradictory :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Maduro looks like a spokesman for Just for Men.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

The fucker played the augur in a Catholic church. That alone is grounds for ridicule.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 15, 2013, 08:49:34 PM
I think you've misunderstood Latin America if you think being a Catholic and a Marxist are contradictory :lol:

True, but the Catholic thing seems to be show in this particular case (and in Chavez's).
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

Quote from: derspiess on April 15, 2013, 09:43:17 PM
True, but the Catholic thing seems to be show in this particular case (and in Chavez's).
Maybe, I mean we can't see into their souls. But in fairness Catholicism's more showy :P

To me it looks more like those Catholic football players crossing themselves before a game. It could be sincere, superstitious, cultural, just a ploy to get the old lady vote or a bit of all of the above :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

The US still hasn't recognized the results of the election, for whatever that's worth.  Kind of an easy one to get right, but kudos to Obama & Lurch nonetheless.

http://news.yahoo.com/capriles-distances-himself-violent-protests-venezuela-050342845.html
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

The Minsky Moment

Chavist Venezuela is a variant on Marx's dictum that history repeats itself, first as farce, and then as an even more absurd farce.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson