News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Things were better when....

Started by Ed Anger, May 22, 2009, 04:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

There wasn't fucking KY jelly commercials on the TV. Female satisfaction? FUCK THAT SHIT.

And all those fucking Yaz commercials nowadays. Every fucking commercial break, I hear this shit:

You may have seen some Yaz commercials recently that were not clear

Goddamn it.  :mad:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

The worst commercials are any commercial that has an alarm clock.  Also annoying are the Honda commercials where the guy drives his Honda SUV into his garage (shaped like a hockey net), and goal alarms go off.  When you're watching the hockey game and you leave the room, you think that the home team scored at least twice every commercial break.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that all Honda executives are going to join their brothers at Toyota on the Death List.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Darth Wagtaros

I wonder about the commercials that start with, "I have genital herpes!"
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on May 22, 2009, 05:13:52 PM

Thanks for the Valtrex commercial reminders. Talking about outbreaks during dinner.  :mad:

Martinus

Dude, KY gel is not just for women.  :rolleyes:

Ed Anger

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2009, 05:20:40 PM
Dude, KY gel is not just for women.  :rolleyes:

I love it when somebody who actually hasn't seen the commercials they are aiming at women and tried to get a ding in.

And the only thing you are familiar with is Tinactin.

You are the reason why AIDS was invented.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 22, 2009, 05:15:53 PM

Thanks for the Valtrex commercial reminders. Talking about outbreaks during dinner.  :mad:

When I see that one where the chick says she has it and the dude says he still doesn't, I can't help myself. I scream at the TV, "Then get the fuck out while you still can, chump!".
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 22, 2009, 05:25:39 PM
Quote from: Ed Anger on May 22, 2009, 05:15:53 PM

When I see that one where the chick says she has it and the dude says he still doesn't, I can't help myself. I scream at the TV, "Then get the fuck out while you still can, chump!".

That chick is fucking hot though.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

I spend my nights trolling craigslist ads nowadays, and here is my target of the week:

WARNING: READ ALL
I am a young single lady living in the 805 area.
20 years old
i am loking for some one who is open minded and fun
i often hear how im such a great girl and alot of guys come up to me in the street and ask me out
i ALWAYS decline due to the fact that i have
GENITAL HERPES
i want to let the person that im trying to get to know better
know right off the bat what going on with me
i love almost every activity
im looking for some one between 21-28
if your out there please make yourslef heard
because im someone who is worth it
flaws and all
Winner of THE grumbler point.

MadBurgerMaker

Whoever initially came up with the idea to put car horns, police sirens, etc, in radio commercials needs to be beaten to death.

QuoteI wonder about the commercials that start with, "I have genital herpes!"

Yeah, those are weird.  "I HAVE GENTIAL HERPES! :w00t:"  Heey...that's awesome.  Thanks for letting me know, buddy.

Valmy

There was an ad last year on the fucking RADIO that had police sirens at the start.  Um...most people listen to the radio while driving in their car geniuses.  Every time it had me glancing around for the po-po.  Freaking thing gave me a heart attack until I got used to it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2009, 06:08:42 PM
There was an ad last year on the fucking RADIO that had police sirens at the start.  Um...most people listen to the radio while driving in their car geniuses.  Every time it had me glancing around for the po-po.  Freaking thing gave me a heart attack until I got used to it.

Ugh. One thing I hate are hip hop songs that contain police sirens. After all there ain't no person that wants to be listening to a song and suddenly hear a siren.  I'll hear them on the radio in my car and freak out. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2009, 06:08:42 PM

Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.  Right at the beginning.  Car insurance commercial, wasn't it?

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 22, 2009, 06:16:57 PM
Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of.  Right at the beginning.  Car insurance commercial, wasn't it?

Yep it was one of those ads saying they will insure you anyway despite the 23 speeding tickets you recieved.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Other annoyances:

The Progressive insurance woman. Lousy insurance, lousy commercials.