Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximus

Took steps to curb the spanish disease.

Ulmont is up

ulmont

Converted a couple of spaces in France and built a regular in Paris.

File sent; Viking up.

Viking

Used Patron to Patronize Bruno (no burning) and draw a card.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

Converted Rouen, Amiens, and Reims. Rouen goes into unrest.

Habs next.

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#93: 2 / English College, Douai
Message from Ottoman:
For CPs :

1/2 - Raise a corsair in Algiers.
2/2 - Naval move. Fleet to Barbary Coast.

Berkut's up.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Sent another Jesuit to England, did some preaching and converted London and York. The people of York were so excited that there might have been some riots and such.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Maximus

After a craptastic intelligence operation I was surprised I didn't fail to remove unrest in York.

No file

ulmont

Rouen and (oddly) La Rochelle realize they'd rather be Catholic.  Rouen calms down as a result.

File sent; Viking up.

Viking

QuoteHoly Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#60: 2 / John Knox
Flip all but 1 space in Scotland to Protestant religious influence.

- OR -

Playable by England or Protestant to add 4 influence with Scotland.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
2/2 1 Regular in Doomstack

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

After a momentary setback, Parisians think the Huguenots are great fun actually. Also La Rochelle and Dijon take up the true faith again.

Habbaku

QuoteOttoman: Play Card as Operations
#40: 1 / Tilbury Speech [COMBAT]
Message from Ottoman:
For CP :

1/1 - Murait Reis and colony to Indian Ocean. Colony established in Mombasa.

Back to Spain.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

Spain sent an observer to England to ensure that Catholics are not being oppressed, and Oxford spontaneously reverted to the rela faith in celebration.

Some reserves were then expended to build a naval servicing station in the Canary Islands.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

ulmont

Max knocked off a Spanish informant and a Jesuit.

I converted some more spaces in France, cleared the unrest in Paris, and made it known that I'll hold Philosopher's Stone to knock out Taqi as long as Sol doesn't put any more unrest on my keys this turn.

File sent; Viking up.

Maximus

Walsingham's minions finally produce results, sweeping a priest and a spy into the dustbin of history. Troops are moved north from London to support the effort.

Viking

QuoteLast journal entry
Holy Roman Empire: Play Card as Operations
#75: 2 / The Lost Colony [MANDATORY]
Target a colony in the Atlantic Coast. The owning player must roll a die to keep his colony, succeeding on a 5 or 6. If any other number is rolled, the colony is eliminated. This roll must occur whenever this card is played if a colony exists in one of these spaces, even if the player owning the colony plays this event. Card remains in deck each turn.

Message from Holy Roman Empire:
No colony to die

2/2 1 merc each in the border forts

Solmyr up