News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Languishing Yet Again (VQ game)

Started by Solmyr, April 09, 2013, 01:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

eh, so how is he supposed to know which was the second card?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Solmyr

No idea. Well, he can also pass one to you.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 11, 2013, 03:04:55 PM
No idea. Well, he can also pass one to you.

Eh, don't think the mechanism allows for that.

I suggest he rolls a die and gives you back the one that is 1 - lower number, 2 - higher number. And then you give me a random card.

Edit: Number as in index number "#" rather than CP value.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Viking

Just so it's clear I AM NOT ROLLING DICE IN ACTS AT ALL, I'll be asking somebody to roll for me each time.

Solmyr

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 11, 2013, 03:52:59 PM
:rolleyes:

You do realize that as my fellow euroweenie and pseudoscanditard you'll be my die roller of choice.  :menace:

Solmyr

I shall live vicariously through you.

Viking

Quote from: Solmyr on April 11, 2013, 03:57:53 PM
I shall live vicariously through you.

Do whatever you please as long as I can roll my dice vicariously through you.  :P

Habbaku

Quote from: ulmont on April 11, 2013, 11:25:42 AM
Quote from: Berkut on April 11, 2013, 11:18:47 AM
Quote from: ulmont on April 11, 2013, 11:12:19 AM
France accepts the Spanish alliance offer and makes no other offers.

Does that mean you are nixing our pre-arranged marriage?

My understanding was that the pre-arranged marriage was already set, and there wasn't anything I could do to affect it one way or the other in the diplomacy phase?

I mean, sure, if I need to confirm it, I confirm it, whee.

You can reject it and send her off to marry someone else, if you prefer.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 11, 2013, 02:37:05 PM
Also, what did we just learn in the last game about everyone falling all over themselves to make life easier for Spain? :P

The HRE, at least, seems to have learned--they didn't give Spain an alliance for free.

The French, on the other hand...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Ottomans refrain from declaring any new wars.

Ottoman SD to save time : 4 regulars to Szegedin.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 11, 2013, 04:58:33 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 11, 2013, 02:37:05 PM
Also, what did we just learn in the last game about everyone falling all over themselves to make life easier for Spain? :P

The HRE, at least, seems to have learned--they didn't give Spain an alliance for free.

The French, on the other hand...

I just gave them free mercs.  :blush:

Habbaku

You really should not have admitted that.  You just went down to Tamas' level of diplomacy.

As long as you're giving stuff away, how about a card next turn?

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Quote from: Habbaku on April 11, 2013, 05:19:15 PM
You really should not have admitted that.  You just went down to Tamas' level of diplomacy.

As long as you're giving stuff away, how about a card next turn?

Berkut was the only player willing to give me anything for them.

Habbaku

If he gave you something, then they aren't free...

-J. R. R. Tolkien