Where in the world is it safe to travel?

Started by garbon, April 03, 2013, 11:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2013, 02:05:29 PM
Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2013, 12:19:22 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2013, 12:11:43 PM
Quote from: Syt on April 03, 2013, 11:48:36 AM
Why is Canada blank?

None of the descriptors apply. 

I heard y'all don't even lock your doors up there.

In a lot of rural communities that is true.  It is also true that we have sane gun control laws.

Even if we had "sane gun control laws", I don't think I'd want people walking up in my business.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

crazy canuck

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2013, 04:08:39 PM
Even if we had "sane gun control laws", I don't think I'd want people walking up in my business.

I have to admit I have read this a couple times and still have no idea what you are trying to say.

Admiral Yi

It means he prefers that visiting clients take the elevator.

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2013, 04:11:04 PM
It means he prefers that visiting clients take the elevator.

I wish I had an elevator. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2013, 04:09:56 PM

I have to admit I have read this a couple times and still have no idea what you are trying to say.

So Jacob would this be an example of English speakers unable to understand each other then? :D

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2013, 04:14:17 PM
So Jacob would this be an example of English speakers unable to understand each other then? :D

I reflected a bit after our recent conversation, and there's a lot of that sort of thing going on on languish.

PDH

Quote from: Jacob on April 03, 2013, 04:22:55 PM

I reflected a bit after our recent conversation, and there's a lot of that sort of thing going on on languish.

Your mother.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on April 03, 2013, 04:22:55 PM

True, though I often think a lot can go under willful misunderstanding. Almost like we expect everyone to post as though their comments are to be published in a journal. :D

Jacob

Quote from: PDH on April 03, 2013, 04:26:08 PMYour mother.

... has never posted to languish. Unless... mor, er det dig?

crazy canuck

Quote from: crazy canuck on April 03, 2013, 04:09:56 PM

Are you going to explain what you meant?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2013, 11:46:34 AM
Google style map in the link.

Go fig;  western liberal democracies born of the Age of Reason and built upon the rule of law safe, the rest of the world populated by subhumans, monkey pipples and fruity ass goofball voodoo cultures not so much. 
Imagine that.

Josquius

Quote from: Lettow77 on April 03, 2013, 11:50:35 AM
They really expect folks to believe its safer to travel around in America than Japan? Wacky. USA has a built in "avoid some areas" even for folks who live here.

Yeah that is fucked up. Japan is the safest place around. I'm safer in Japan than I am in my hometown.
Japan is the country where to hold your seat while you go the toilet at a pub you leave your wallet (inevitably stuffed with several hundred dollars worth  of money) on the bar.

Even fukushima is mostly fine, just a small part of it is of  limits- no bigger an area than say a military live fire range that you would find in any country.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on April 03, 2013, 06:14:50 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on April 03, 2013, 11:50:35 AM
They really expect folks to believe its safer to travel around in America than Japan? Wacky. USA has a built in "avoid some areas" even for folks who live here.

Yeah that is fucked up. Japan is the safest place around. Unsafe  in Japan than I am in my hometown.

Japan gets knocked down a notch for taking advantage of round eyes in those hostess clubs, what with all those dancers in schoolgirl uniforms overcharging for drinks and lighting cigarettes.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Jacob on April 03, 2013, 01:21:35 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 03, 2013, 12:10:05 PM
That's got to be a simple coding error.  Probably no safer country in the world.

Only thing that makes sense to me is that "avoid Fukushima" turned into "avoid some areas". But yeah, there's basically no safer country than Japan for travel.

I'll have to climb on board the "WTF Japan?" bandwagon.  Never felt safer anywhere in my life.

Razgovory

The three safest countries in Latin America are Uruguay, Chile, and Cuba.   :lol:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017