And we're back!

Main Menu

Happy Harvey Milk Day!

Started by Martinus, May 22, 2009, 12:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on May 22, 2009, 12:33:22 PM
I hope it goes through.  The more paid days off the better. :yeah:

Today, Harvey Milk Day... tomorrow, Cesar Chavez day... the next day, George Takei Day!

No, they'd just continue combining other, legitimate holidays together to make room.  Happy MemorialIndependenceLabor Day!  :bleeding:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 22, 2009, 12:30:16 PM
Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2009, 12:23:53 PM
Quote from: The Brain on May 22, 2009, 12:23:26 PM
Wasn't he married to Madonna?
Duh. Of course. He was gay, after all?  :rolleyes:

You seem to have missed the joke entirely.
I know he was talking about Sean Penn, you retard.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2009, 12:17:03 PM
It's birthday of Harvey Milk and there is a campaign in California to make it the Harvey Milk Day. Gay organizations want to go national from there.

It's essentially intended to be the gay rights equivalent of MLK day.

Other than the fact that both were murdered, it's really a stretch to compare Harvey Milk with MLK.  That's not meant as an attack on Milk, but he's simply no MLK in terms of national importance.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2009, 12:41:01 PM
It's birthday of Harvey Milk and there is a campaign in California to make it the Harvey Milk Day. Gay organizations want to go national from there.

Other than the fact that both were murdered, it's really a stretch to compare Harvey Milk with MLK.  That's not meant as an attack on Milk, but he's simply no MLK in terms of national importance.
Yeah but we don't have anyone better. :P

Neil

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2009, 12:41:50 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 22, 2009, 12:41:01 PM

Yeah but we don't have anyone better. :P
That's because gays have never faced much persecution.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2009, 12:40:05 PM
No, they'd just continue combining other, legitimate holidays together to make room.  Happy MemorialIndependenceLabor Day!  :bleeding:

Good point.  BRING BACK LINCOLN'S BIRTHDAY BITCHES :ultra:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2009, 12:38:16 PM

And you Languishites wonder why so much backlash from my side :rolleyes:
I fail to see how an attempt to make an official day to commemorate a slain politician is a reason to deny people civil rights. You are a pathetic, lowlife homophobe and your attempts at "justifying" it that way are laughable.

Eddie Teach

Does Harvey Milk have a patsy brute that everyone and their mother has killed?  :huh:

http://mlkj.mybrute.com/
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Alexandru H.

[joke attempt]

Shouldn't be a day to celebrate straight, white dudes? Like "Dan White" Day on November 27th?

[/joke attempt]

Martinus

Quote from: Alexandru H. on May 22, 2009, 12:45:40 PM
[joke attempt]

Shouldn't be a day to celebrate straight, white dudes? Like "Dan White" Day on November 27th?

[/joke attempt]
How about a [grammar attempt] next?

Alexandru H.

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2009, 12:46:14 PM
[joke attempt]

[/joke attempt]
How about a [grammar attempt] next?

I don't know Polack English, sorry...

Neil

[joke attempt]

[/joke attempt]
Every day is a day to celebrate being a heterosexual white male.  The master race, and all that.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

The Brain

[joke attempt]

[/joke attempt]

How's the old wall doing btw?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: Alexandru H. on May 22, 2009, 12:47:35 PM
I don't know Polack English, sorry...

Apparently you don't know American or British English either. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.