News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

King of Dragon Pass on Gog.com

Started by Scipio, August 28, 2012, 06:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scipio

I know of no one succeeding in this game if they fucked with the duck people.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Grey Fox

Quote from: Scipio on October 21, 2012, 08:11:51 PM

From what I've read, it's impossible to. They will rally the other beast people & fuck you up.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on October 21, 2012, 09:12:17 PM

From what I've read, it's impossible to. They will rally the other beast people & fuck you up.

Yeah, That's what I recall.  I do remember there was a magic banner that guaranteed victory in battle at the cost of killing the man holding it, which makes me think you could survive that battle.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

:hmm:  I usually intimidate the ducks into paying tribute.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Fucking with them means driving them off their land. Although, they do fuck you up once some time later, but can you continue to play normally afterwards? Sure you'll be weak as hell, but things can be recovered from.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Razgovory on October 21, 2012, 10:08:34 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on October 21, 2012, 09:12:17 PM

Yeah, That's what I recall.  I do remember there was a magic banner that guaranteed victory in battle at the cost of killing the man holding it, which makes me think you could survive that battle.
The banner means you 'win' the battle, but from what I've found thus far it doesn't mean a win.  I seem to experience severe losses and the enemy quits the field. 
PDH!

MadImmortalMan

People who bought this also bought: Alpha Centauri, Master of Magic...

Holy crap why haven't I made a GOG account before now.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

crazy canuck

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on October 24, 2012, 11:54:52 PM
People who bought this also bought: Alpha Centauri, Master of Magic...

Holy crap why haven't I made a GOG account before now.

I am not sure.  It caters to 99% of Languish.  The other 1% are lurkers who dont count.

Queequeg

Doing it initially is stupid,  but you can steal land form them by inches.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

I think I just spent three days playing this on my iPad.  Holy living fuck.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

There's a very real chance that this is one of-maybe the-smartest game of all time. 

crazy canuck

I played a few turns last yesterday - this is a really great game.  Too bad I didnt know about it back in the day - but that is why we have GoG.

Darth Wagtaros

I need more food and more cattle.
PDH!

fhdz

Quote from: crazy canuck on November 05, 2012, 11:27:56 AM
I played a few turns last yesterday - this is a really great game.  Too bad I didnt know about it back in the day - but that is why we have GoG.

Didn't you ever follow my ill-fated KoDP AAR?
and the horse you rode in on