60 years of German post-war constitution. Thank you, Western Allies!

Started by Syt, May 22, 2009, 10:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

humans were created in their own image

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on May 22, 2009, 11:37:38 AM
Namely the French

Portugal and Brazil must be turned to ash for the good of the Western World.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

Quote from: saskganesh on May 22, 2009, 11:35:29 AM
Is there any?

Yes.

QuoteAnd is it: funny?
Only if you're German. Even Austrians dislike German comedy.

Some of the political satire isn't bad, but nowhere near as good as 10, 20 years ago.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on May 22, 2009, 11:42:52 AM
Quote from: HVC on May 22, 2009, 11:37:38 AM
Namely the French

Portugal and Brazil must be turned to ash for the good of the Western World.
You can Have the brazilians. Leave their Women alone though.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Admiral Yi

Just read in Newsweek that the per capita income of Berlin is half that of Detroit and Birmingham Alabama. :huh:

Habbaku

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2009, 12:38:37 PM
Just read in Newsweek that the per capita income of Berlin is half that of Detroit and Birmingham Alabama. :huh:

Link?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

saskganesh

Quote from: Syt on May 22, 2009, 11:47:34 AM
Quote from: saskganesh on May 22, 2009, 11:35:29 AM
Is there any?

Yes.

QuoteAnd is it: funny?
Only if you're German. Even Austrians dislike German comedy.

Some of the political satire isn't bad, but nowhere near as good as 10, 20 years ago.

... this is hardly a glowing endorsement you know.
humans were created in their own image

ulmont

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: HVC on May 22, 2009, 11:50:00 AM
You can Have the brazilians. Leave their Women alone though.

Dunno if it's just me, but all the Brazilian women I've met in real life have been a bit disappointing  :mellow:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2009, 01:24:29 PM
Dunno if it's just me, but all the Brazilian women I've met in real life have been a bit disappointing  :mellow:

:blink:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on May 22, 2009, 01:24:29 PM
How do you feel about light skinned black chicks in general?

Syt

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2009, 12:38:37 PM

On the plus side, Berlin is one of the cheapest major cities in Europe.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.