Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Why is that scary? Maybe she was going to cut some bread.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 04, 2016, 05:42:03 AM
Why is that scary? Maybe she was going to cut some bread.

Yeah, I'm sure she was going to cut bread with an army/hunting style knife.

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

MadImmortalMan

I have at least half a dozen knives in my kitchen longer than six inches.

Now, if the lady were swinging it at people all crazy-eyed or whatever, that I can understand.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2016, 04:53:16 AM

It's times like these that the language barrier bothers me.

Really? I suspect you've now spent the majority of your adult life in Korea, and the only times you are bothered by not having picked up enough of the language to make a basic phone call is when you are in a potential emergency?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on June 04, 2016, 10:07:11 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 04, 2016, 04:53:16 AM

It's times like these that the language barrier bothers me.

Really? I suspect you've now spent the majority of your adult life in Korea, and the only times you are bothered by not having picked up enough of the language to make a basic phone call is when you are in a potential emergency?

Calling the police is not a simple phone call. I'd hesitate if I knew ten times as much Korean as I do now.

It usually doesn't inhibit my life in any way.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

celedhring

The president of the Spanish-Korean Friendship association has been arrested for buying 3 handguns illegally. It's a bit of non-news, but I just want to seize the chance to introduce Languish to the character, son of Spanish minor aristocrats turned Nork apologist and representative of the regime in Spain. He claims to be in employ of the NK government, which is still unclear, although he's been to Pyongyang several times and brokered some commercial deals.

Admiral Yi

He finally found a place where he feels normal height.

Jacob

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 12, 2016, 09:23:07 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 12, 2016, 02:22:37 AM
Lol  :lol:

Man, you really suck at your job.  What are you teaching these people?

Obama suck. He make homo. We no like homo.

Let me guess. A church group.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

HVC

And you haven't felt the need to learn the language? How long do you plan on staying?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

Quote from: HVC on June 15, 2016, 11:29:02 PM
And you haven't felt the need to learn the language? How long do you plan on staying?

I know. I know Asian languages can be pretty hard to learn for us Indo-European speakers but six years?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."