Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Uh, no.  Not a blink.  Particularly when North Korea can't see shit from that far anyway.

It's a courtesy to the rest of the world.

Admiral Yi

Blink or saber rattle, those are the only two choices.

CountDeMoney

Oh, bullshit.  It's a courtesy to the Chinese, Russians and our allies that we're not launching ICBMs at this particularly sensitive time.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

mongers

Quote from: 11B4V on April 06, 2013, 08:35:34 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 06, 2013, 08:27:08 PM
US 'blinks' ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22056387

No, going to let them do it all on their own.

Well, I think they have only one decision point left, climb down or do 'something' and the next/final move is the S.Koreans/Americans.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

11B4V

Quote from: mongers on April 06, 2013, 08:37:31 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on April 06, 2013, 08:35:34 PM
Quote from: mongers on April 06, 2013, 08:27:08 PM
US 'blinks' ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22056387

No, going to let them do it all on their own.

Well, I think they have only one decision point left, climb down or do 'something' and the next/final move is the S.Koreans/Americans.

Yip, claim a glourious victory and return to status quo.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

alfred russel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2013, 08:30:38 PM
Blink or saber rattle, those are the only two choices.

Hand them an easy way to claim a victory so they might be happy to go back to starving their citizens for the next few years, at no cost to ourselves. Not a blink, and the alternative wouldn't have been a saber rattle. Just giving an out to the bad guy in a hostage negotiation.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Admiral Yi

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 06, 2013, 08:34:36 PM
Oh, bullshit.  It's a courtesy to the Chinese, Russians and our allies that we're not launching ICBMs at this particularly sensitive time.

You need to jog off some of the fat that's settled in your brain.  I was mocking the type of individual who's going to condemn the US regardless of what we do.  To quote the highly respected Shareholder Representative on the board of The North Sea Pipeline, "Common decency forbids me from naming any names, but we all now I'm talking about mongler."

I agree with Fredo that's it calculated face-saving gesture.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 06, 2013, 09:13:43 PM
You need to jog off some of the fat that's settled in your brain.

I'm afraid I can't do that, Dave.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

QuoteSources at Dyess AFB have confirmed to Douglass that seven planes were launched at night a couple of days ago. Two of them were spares: they returned to the airbase near Abilene, Texas, while the remaining five continued to their final destination.

Unfortunately, the source could not say where the Lancers eventually landed.

LANCER BONER
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

I guess my bromance with the Administration is over. Sucks that they pussed out right when we could have cornered that fat millennial fuck.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall