Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Admiral Yi

How is bulkogi strong?  It's beef marinated in soy sauce.  :huh:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: HVC on January 02, 2017, 06:06:20 AM
Reading that article confused me. all their names sound like dragon ball z power up shouts.

:lol:

Jacob

Quote from: The Brain on December 24, 2016, 04:55:42 AM
Ajuishi what? Doctor? Lawyer?

According to the google machine:
QuoteKorean women in their 30's may will take offense to being called this. Ajusshi: Literally means 'uncle,' but is used in polite conversation to refer to a man who is older than you, and who you don't know well. A bit like calling someone "Sir" in English.

Apparently you shouldn't call Korean women in their 30s "uncle"... but I guess if they're in their 40s or 20s it's okay?  :huh:

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Jacob on January 02, 2017, 01:44:13 PM
Quote from: The Brain on December 24, 2016, 04:55:42 AM
Ajuishi what? Doctor? Lawyer?

According to the google machine:
QuoteKorean women in their 30's may will take offense to being called this. Ajusshi: Literally means 'uncle,' but is used in polite conversation to refer to a man who is older than you, and who you don't know well. A bit like calling someone "Sir" in English.

Apparently you shouldn't call Korean women in their 30s "uncle"... but I guess if they're in their 40s or 20s it's okay?  :huh:

You would never call a woman that. The corresponding word is ajuma. Though I wouldn't call a woman in her 20s that unless you want a full arm slap to the face.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Glorious Fathead's half brother was assasinated by chicks using poison at the Kuala Lampur airport.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Tonitrus

jimmy olsen

Woah! This is huge, this could really damage the North's economy! :o

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/china-north-korea-sanctions-coal-economics-nuclear-tests-kim-jong-nam-donald-trump-a7587931.html
QuoteChina bans all coal imports from North Korea, severing major financial lifeline for regime

Pyongyang depends on Beijing to stay financially afloat
Caroline Mortimer

China has announced it is suspending all coal imports from North Korea until the end of the year in a move which will deal a major financial blow to the Pyongyang regime.

The surprise announcement by the Chinese Commerce Ministry is a sign of Beijing's increasing reluctance to prop up the North Korean regime if it carries out further nuclear tests.

Coal is North Korea's largest export item and it is believed to have been dependent on China for trade and aid since its economy collapsed in the late 1990s.

The Commerce Ministry said the move was China fulfilling its obligation to implement last November's UN Security Council resolution to impose further economic sanctions on Pyongyang after it detonated its fifth nuclear test of 2016.

Beijing has historically been more reluctant to impose sanctions on North Korea than other world powers because it is concerned about a power vacuum on its southern border if the regime is allowed to fail.

Previously China had agreed to partially restricted North Korea coal imports – saying it would make an exception for deliveries intended for the "people's well-being" which were not connect to Pyongyang's nuclear programme.

But the day after the test of an intermediate-range ballistic missile last week it rejected a coal shipment from the Hermit Kingdom said to be worth around $1m (£805,000).

China has felt increasing frustration over North Korea's most recent missile test and the assassination of Kim Jong Un's half-brother in Malaysia.

Kim Jong Nam had been living in China for many years so it his death is revealed to have been orchestrated by Pyongyang Beijing will view it as a direct slight.

Paul Haenle, the director of the Carnegie-Tsinghua Center in Beijing, told the Washington Post: "China still places a premium on stability, but Xi Jinping is growing more and more frustrated with Kim Jong Un.

"Beijing took the assassination as a direct affront to China. Xi is less willing to tolerate these provocations," he said. "China is putting a squeeze on its economic lifeline to send a message to Pyongyang."

Beijing has also come under increasing pressure from other world powers as it is seen as the other country which can rein Pyongyang in.

US President Donald Trump said China had "total control over North Korea" during an interview with Fox & Friends before his inauguration last month.

He said: "China should solve that problem. And if they don't solve the problem, we should make trade very difficult for China."

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Josquius

Reference to North Korea being on china's southern border,  though technically true,  made me smile.

Wonder if they had brother Kim lined up as their spare Kim in case something goes wrong and they're annoyed he is gone.

Heard weird stuff about the assassination.  That lol woman thought it was a TV prank.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

I liked how local authorities wanted to do an autopsy, and North Korea basically said, "Nah, don't worry, we're good."
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Archy

I liked how they requested dna from the family (Kim) before wanting to release the body :D

mongers

Breaking News:

Report from Malaysia say Kim's half-brother was killed with VX nerve agent:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-39073389

Kim Jong-nam killing: VX nerve agent 'found on his face'
14 minutes ago

A laboratory report has confirmed that a nerve agent was found on the body of the North Korean leader's half-brother, Malaysian police say.

Kim Jong-nam was poisoned at Kuala Lumpur airport after two women wiped a toxin on his face.

The chemical substance has been identified as "VX nerve agent", police add.

Malaysia has not blamed the North Korean state for the death, but says North Koreans were clearly behind it.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"