Korea Thread: Liberal Moon Jae In Elected

Started by jimmy olsen, March 25, 2013, 09:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 23, 2017, 06:51:12 PM
It may be rational, it's not something to cheer about. Unless you're a defense contractor.
Or you want more effective deterence against the North.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 23, 2017, 07:00:13 PM
It may be rational, it's not something to cheer about. Unless you're a defense contractor.

If the US military doesn't deter them, I don't think anything will.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Eddie Teach on July 23, 2017, 07:10:58 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 23, 2017, 07:00:13 PM

If the US military doesn't deter them, I don't think anything will.
With Trump in charge how can they trust the US to back them?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Hey Tim, when people find our you are an American do people spit on you in the street during the age of Trump.  I mean, more so?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

I wouldn't worry. Trump has a lot more bombs.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tamas

For me the main worry if they will bother striking a deal with China to have them involved in setting up the new regime in NK. As selfish as it is, I do not care much for the fate of millions of Koreans on both side of the border, as long as we can stop the inevitable dick-measuring contest between two buffoons escalating into a global nuclear war.

Edit: before garbon flips out on my cruelness again I'd like to clarify that I consider those millions of Koreans as good as dead unfortunately. For me the only question mark is if the war will stop within the Korean borders.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

CountDeMoney

Josquius

I do wonder what effect the new Korean government will have on a post war situation

The logical solution  is some sort of confederated Korea and a slow and steady integration.
But would they do that or would they go all out for the north now being part of the Republic?

Trump being in power might be good for the post war situation at least. Seems more willing than most to withdraw us soldiers from a post war Korea, which is chinas concern
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

I think we should just let China have NK with an agreement of slow steady trickle down migration to SK for some.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Tamas

I think NK will need to be given to China yes. They are not going to go along with US troops right at their doorstep.