News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

On flying

Started by Alcibiades, March 22, 2013, 08:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alcibiades

Never ever fly spirit airlines, you will regret it.  That is all. :glare:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Alcibiades

Hidden fees for everything.  If your (1)carryon bag is bigger than a small backpack plan on paying $50 for it. Douchebag customer service and reps, and every flight in my terminal is delayed at least three hours or cancelled. Weather is fine In Florida.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

Yeah I think Spirit has a generally bad rep.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Viking

Quote from: Alcibiades on March 22, 2013, 09:12:14 PM
Hidden fees for everything.  If your (1)carryon bag is bigger than a small backpack plan on paying $50 for it. Douchebag customer service and reps, and every flight in my terminal is delayed at least three hours or cancelled. Weather is fine In Florida.

Well, you get what you pay for. If you think your flight actually costs $200 then you are delusional. If you want perks, service and reliability then you're gonna have to pay for it.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

garbon

Quote from: Viking on March 22, 2013, 09:36:57 PM
Quote from: Alcibiades on March 22, 2013, 09:12:14 PM

Well, you get what you pay for. If you think your flight actually costs $200 then you are delusional. If you want perks, service and reliability then you're gonna have to pay for it.

I could buy that if we didn't have airlines like Virgin America. I can still get pretty cheap fairs there and be treated quite lovely. Richard Branson. :wub:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

I once had a flight cancelled because of technical problems on a different flight. They needed to replace that flight's plane with my flight's plane. Must have been more passengers on that one. It was Delta. They gave me a free room in a motel with moldy showers and roaches. In Atlanta. Fuck Delta.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

katmai

Never heard of Spirit.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

MadBurgerMaker

Never heard of them either. The only "discount" airline I've ever used was Southwest, but since I've gotten older and more bitchy, I require assigned seating so I haven't flown on one of theirs in a while.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 23, 2013, 12:12:35 AM
but since I've gotten older and more bitchy, I require assigned seating

:lol:  Yes, the cattle car festival seating mentality can wear on one after enough flying.  I'm sure it totally creeps out women traveling alone.

Although there's nothing like the rare flight on a late Friday afternoon where everybody can get a row to themselves.

Eddie Teach

As much as I hate crowds, the plane itself bothered me more than the people around me last time I flew.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 23, 2013, 12:15:21 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on March 23, 2013, 12:12:35 AM
but since I've gotten older and more bitchy, I require assigned seating

:lol:  Yes, the cattle car festival seating mentality can wear on one after enough flying.  I'm sure it totally creeps out women traveling alone.

Although there's nothing like the rare flight on a late Friday afternoon where everybody can get a row to themselves.

Had my own row to Portland. :punk:

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 22, 2013, 11:51:20 PM
I once had a flight cancelled because of technical problems on a different flight. They needed to replace that flight's plane with my flight's plane. Must have been more passengers on that one. It was Delta. They gave me a free room in a motel with moldy showers and roaches. In Atlanta. Fuck Delta.
That's weird.  When that's happened to me I've always been put up at a decent airport hotel.  Not sure it's ever happened with Delta, though.

I used to really like Delta, but they seem to have declined quite a bit lately.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points