Media Having Trouble Finding Right Angle On Obama's Double-Homicide

Started by Martinus, May 22, 2009, 01:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Sheilbh on May 22, 2009, 02:34:10 PM
...Fair point.  But that's more that Obama fans are more weird than Blair fans.

Another Blair quote that I don't think Obama's matched may explain why his support was more level-headed: 'New Labour aims to be nothing less than the political wing of the British people as a whole.'
That's sounds so Totalitarian, but Britain's bueracrats seems rather totalitarian these days so I'm not surprised.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

New Labour's always had a deliciously totalitarian tinge, under Blair it was mixed with Christianity:
Quote"WE MEET in a spirit of hope," the new leader of the Labour Party told its annual conference. [...] The speech ended with an incantation: "New Labour! New Britain! New Labour! New Britain!"

Pink Fascism.

A slogan hilariously cribeed from Erich Honecker :lol:

For Brown it's more a whiff of despairing bunker sweat Stalinism.  Apparently we're to get a NEW NATIONAL PLAN! as part of his 'fightback strategy' in June :bleeding:
Let's bomb Russia!

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on May 22, 2009, 09:51:33 AM
Can you imagine how creepy it would be to have paintings like that made of you?

I think it'd be pretty cool to have one like this done of me :

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

katmai

You standing in front of another painting?

Whatever floats your boat Habbu :P
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

Ancient Demon

Ancient Demon, formerly known as Zagys.

Josquius

That picture would be much better if they'd positioned it right. Obama is pointing too low.

Quote from: TimBritain's bueracrats seems rather totalitarian these days so I'm not surprised.
The complete opposite I'd say
██████
██████
██████

DisturbedPervert

Quote from: Tyr on May 23, 2009, 09:47:28 AM
That picture would be much better if they'd positioned it right.

Yeap, they should put Obama above God.