News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Switching lights off for the Earth Hour

Started by Martinus, March 21, 2013, 04:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Is this the dumbest thing imaginable or what?

Tamas

Tamas

Eddie Teach

QuoteAt the same time, another 1 billion people will participate in "Earth Hour" by turning off their lights from 8:30-9:30.

:lmfao:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2013, 04:18:44 AM
it is, actually:

I know you are new to the West and all that, but do you really buy that?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 21, 2013, 04:37:18 AM
QuoteAt the same time, another 1 billion people will participate in "Earth Hour" by turning off their lights from 8:30-9:30.

:lmfao:

To be fair, at least a billion people won't be using electric lights on Saturday night.
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Tamas

Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2013, 04:47:33 AM
it is, actually:

don't tell me you dont see the similarities between the "oh we are sinners" culture of Earth Hour and other similar shit, and good old Christian "oh we are sinners" shit?

Martinus

Why do you even bother responding to Raz?

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Martinus

Martinus

Same reason as last year, too - HR at my firm sending bullshit e-mails. :P

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on March 21, 2013, 05:12:43 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on March 21, 2013, 04:47:33 AM
it is, actually:

don't tell me you dont see the similarities between the "oh we are sinners" culture of Earth Hour and other similar shit, and good old Christian "oh we are sinners" shit?

No, not really.  At least not any more then any other idea which views certain acts as positive and other acts as negative.

katmai

Quote from: Martinus on March 21, 2013, 05:21:48 AM
Why do you even bother responding to Raz?

The same reason we respond to eastern European yokels?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son