News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Phone Advice

Started by Arvoreen, March 20, 2013, 10:42:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on July 22, 2013, 04:32:32 PM
My mother: "I love that my kids are all resisting those iphones.  You are not lemmings."

In North America the most popular mobile OS is Android these days. :contract:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Barrister on July 24, 2013, 03:17:12 PM
My mother: "I love that my kids are all resisting those iphones.  You are not lemmings."

There most be a reason for that.  :hmm:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

katmai

Quote from: lustindarkness on July 24, 2013, 04:01:58 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 24, 2013, 03:17:12 PM

There most be a reason for that.  :hmm:

People like garbon are lemmings   ;)
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

I went to Verizon store during my lunch break.  I took a look at S4, and then I took a look at iPhone 5.  S4 looked like a cluttered clusterfuck.  I was shocked by how much smaller iPhone 5 was in comparison, which is probably not good, but it had such a clean interface.  It was pretty much my iPad shrunk to the phone size.   :hmm:  I'm tempted to go full Beeb.  :ph34r:

Phillip V

Hopefully the next iPhone will be at least 4.3 inches.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on July 25, 2013, 01:50:02 PM
I went to Verizon store during my lunch break.  I took a look at S4, and then I took a look at iPhone 5.  S4 looked like a cluttered clusterfuck.  I was shocked by how much smaller iPhone 5 was in comparison, which is probably not good, but it had such a clean interface.  It was pretty much my iPad shrunk to the phone size.   :hmm:  I'm tempted to go full Beeb.  :ph34r:

My advice to you is to not worry about whetehr you're becoming a beeb or a derspicey - buy the phone you like.

lustindarkness

Pleated pants and all?!
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

Quote from: Barrister on July 25, 2013, 03:03:42 PM
My advice to you is to not worry about whetehr you're becoming a beeb
You may not be afraid of such fate, but I sure am. :o

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 25, 2013, 04:46:16 PM
Quote from: Barrister on July 25, 2013, 03:03:42 PM
My advice to you is to not worry about whetehr you're becoming a beeb
You may not be afraid of such fate, but I sure am. :o

That'd be an improvement for you though. :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Liep

Buy it and experiment. Is it really the Apple that makes the Beeb?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Barrister

Quote from: Liep on July 26, 2013, 04:26:58 AM
Buy it and experiment. Is it really the Apple that makes the Beeb?

Well it's definitely not the iPhone, since, you know, I don't have one...

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

DGuller

DGuller

I'm really leaning towards moving to iPhone.  I never really warmed up to Android, as it was always over-complicated and under-baked, and it seems like if anything it's getting worse in that regard. 

The only hitch is that it seems like that 5S will be coming out this year, in which case getting an outdated i5 would be silly.  Is anyone here an Apple watcher?  How probably is the September release of 5S?