Total Members Voted: 33

Agelastus

Not "Almost never".

I'm just a plain "Never". :)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Legbiter

3 times a week. The actual exercise part is never an hour or shit like that. It can be as short as 6 minutes, depends on the intensity.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Quote from: Zanza on March 19, 2013, 02:04:46 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on March 19, 2013, 01:59:45 PM
30 minutes of high-intensity interval training is quite enough.
I guess that 30 minutes of high-intensity training might keep you fit and healthy, but Marty is mainly interested in burning fat so longer stretches of activity may be more helpful for him as 30 minutes may not be enough to burn much fat.

I'm actually more into weight lifting/circuit training to build some muscle. 30 minutes is not enough as cardio warm-up takes 10-15 minutes alone.

As I said, I should probably do it three times a week but it is hard, especially in winter.

I'm gonna probably add one or two 30 minutes of running per week once the weather allows for outdoor running.

I guess I chose 60 minutes because that's the time I spend with my trainer so thought this is a good measure.

Martinus

And seriously, despite the Languish meme I am not fat. My BMI is 24, I have a bit of a muffin-top style fat on around my waist but mainly because I don't have a lot of muscle to hold it in. :lol:

I am working on my chest and my arms, though as I have been skinny for the most of my life, and now with a bit of fat around my belly, my skinny arms make me look ridiculous.

Legbiter

Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2013, 03:52:47 PM
I'm actually more into weight lifting/circuit training to build some muscle. 30 minutes is not enough as cardio warm-up takes 10-15 minutes alone.

:thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2013, 03:55:38 PM
And seriously, despite the Languish meme I am not fat.

Oh come on now.  We had a perfectly good thread going on.  We dont need to descend into the realm in Incan torpedo boats.

fhdz

Quote from: Martinus on March 19, 2013, 03:52:47 PM

I think you'll find that weightlifting works better than cardio, paradoxically.

Plus - getting stronger is never, ever a bad thing.
and the horse you rode in on

katmai

Yeah that is gonna stop these assholes, oh wait you are one of those said assholes.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

fhdz

Quote from: mongers on March 19, 2013, 04:42:18 PM
Pretty much never.

You don't ride your bike for longer than 60 minutes?
and the horse you rode in on

Darth Wagtaros

Whenever I feel like it. Usually 2-3 times a week.
PDH!

Malthus

Quote from: katmai on March 19, 2013, 04:28:21 PM

Yeah that is gonna stop these assholes, oh wait you are one of those said assholes.

Languish ... the place where memes crawl up their own assholes to die, only to gain an unhappy eternal afterlife.  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on March 19, 2013, 04:55:45 PM
Languish ... the place where memes crawl up their own assholes to die, only to gain an unhappy eternal afterlife.  :P

Big talk for a guy who paid $1200 for a stroller.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

Quote from: fahdiz on March 19, 2013, 04:44:25 PM
Quote from: mongers on March 19, 2013, 04:42:18 PM
Pretty much never.

You don't ride your bike for longer than 60 minutes?

Often, but it's just getting places, doing stuff and transport.
I don't work out as such, probably the last game of squash or badminton I had was 15+ years ago, most of my friends seem to have given up.   :(
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"