News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

I found a little mod that builds roads for me. So I don't have to monitor magistrates.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Agelastus

Quote from: ulmont on February 28, 2010, 11:11:12 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on February 28, 2010, 10:48:55 AM
Got it. Deleted all colonisation attempts from the save-game (adding the colonists back in to the various countries pools for fairness) and I am good to continue.

What a stupid little intermittent bug. Presumably why it has not been solved - the "good" attempts from a previous save-game looked the same as the "bad" attempts from the crashing file. :hmm:

When I reported that bug (which for me always hit the first day after reload), it was always caused by a colonist traveling east across the international date line.

Playing with the original release of HTTT (which I am using as I want to finish the game I am playing, having only registered EU3 today) that particular line is a noticeable annoyance. With the Beta patches, does it still cause pathfinding problems for navies that are not in provinces adjacent to it? I've had to stop several navies from going all the way around the world rather than cross it.

Anyway, even with the bugs, the game really is fun. Castile has now had to move its' capital to Castilian Brazil as Portugal avenged its own exit to Africa (their capital is in Rio d'Oro) and Aragon jumped in as well. The second Byzantine attempt to revive their fortunes appears to be going well, with Greece solidly purple and good inroads into the former Montenegrin Balkans and the former Castilian western Anatolia. The "White Blob" is finally forming, but still doesn't seem to give a damn about the Muslim Polotsk and Ukraine on its frontiers. Sweden, former masters of Scandinavia (including a previously annexed Norway) have been annexed by a recently revived Norway. It is the 1650s, and the world just gets madder as the British colonisation of Siberia begins...

:)
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

DGuller

Wow, the beta really changes the game balance now.  The Excommunication CB has been neutered big time, so is the cultural tradition for trading countries, and the Reformation seems like a much more nasty event.  On the whole it's a positive thing, but it may swing some things too far the other way.

Berkut

After the MP fun of playing Russia, I've been trying to play a 1399 campaign as Moscovy.

Holy craptastic mongol hordes, Batman!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Muscowy has a difficult start.  It needs to make something happen quickly, or it runs a great risk of playing the catcher when the hordes turn their attention to them.  The best bet is probably waiting for Novgorod to get involved in a war, and then pouncing on them hard.

Berkut

DG, you should get into a MP game. Loads of fun.

0 rows returned

DGuller

I'd love to, but I'm in full study mode for the next 2.5 months.

Sahib

Quote from: DGuller on March 01, 2010, 11:38:22 AM
Muscowy has a difficult start.  It needs to make something happen quickly, or it runs a great risk of playing the catcher when the hordes turn their attention to them.  The best bet is probably waiting for Novgorod to get involved in a war, and then pouncing on them hard.

Yep. You need to jump on the GH and crush it completely or it will eventually crush you.
Doesn't help that the province values all are FUBAR in vanilla. Who knew the Eurasian steppe is the richest place in Europe  :rolleyes:
Stonewall=Worst Mod ever

Grey Fox

Sweden knew, obviously.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

Quote from: Sahib on March 01, 2010, 12:19:28 PM
Doesn't help that the province values all are FUBAR in vanilla. Who knew the Eurasian steppe is the richest place in Europe  :rolleyes:
It's probably a scaling thing.  You want the entirety of Russia to have a comparable total income to the European countries, but you also don't want to have a gazillion provinces that cover it.  The result is having huge provinces by area, with high income to compensate for the relatively low province count.  Of course, that messes with a whole other dynamic, as province count is a very important variable by itself, and the tax value is important for support limit.  That's the trouble with imperfect game design; you can't keep all parts balanced at the same time, no matter how much you try to tweak this and that.

Drakken

The Magna Mundi Platinium 2 port for HTTT is due to be out in the next three hours or so.

Drakken

Magna Mundi Ultimate is up.

Berkut

That would be more interesting if you provided a link to it or something.

0 rows returned

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Alcibiades

Think we still need a sub for Katmai's Portugal this Sunday if anyone wants to give MP a whirl? :)
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain