Main Menu

Is EU3 fun yet?

Started by Faeelin, May 21, 2009, 05:37:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Razgovory on February 23, 2010, 10:55:38 PM
Quote from: sbr on February 23, 2010, 07:23:43 PM
Quote from: Berkut on February 23, 2010, 07:22:21 PM
OK< so I took over Scotland so I can do the Great Britain thing, and conquered every province. However, when I Sue, it will let me pick any provice *except* the one I need (Lothian). Any reason why?

Is it their capital?  You cannot take their capital until you make them a one province country, then annex them.

I thought you could if you surround the capital with your territory from previous wars.

True. But, if their capital is on the coast, then you'll have to take every one of their coastal provinces before you can take the capital.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Viking

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 23, 2010, 11:24:59 PM
OK< so I took over Scotland so I can do the Great Britain thing, and conquered every province. However, when I Sue, it will let me pick any provice *except* the one I need (Lothian). Any reason why?

Is it their capital?  You cannot take their capital until you make them a one province country, then annex them.

I thought you could if you surround the capital with your territory from previous wars.

True. But, if their capital is on the coast, then you'll have to take every one of their coastal provinces before you can take the capital.

How the fuck is Cairo on the coast?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Agelastus

And now, a few hours later, the Ottoman Empire...has disappeared.

One of the great mysteries of the age. One year it controlled a chunk of the Balkans and Anatolia, the next Anatolia is divided between Castile, the Timurids and another Muslim state whose name I can't recall, and its' European territories had all gone Byzantine! Who then took a couple of provinces from Hungary during an AI "gang up on the blob" war and are looking quite strong. Go ROME! :D

I'm glad I turned "lucky nations" off - I don't think I can recall an EU game of any stripe this wild. :lol:

As for centralisation, there seems to be a nasty little surprise in the events for overexpanders who try to centralise... <_<
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

Habbaku

Quote from: Agelastus on February 23, 2010, 11:49:47 PM
As for centralisation, there seems to be a nasty little surprise in the events for overexpanders who try to centralise... <_<

Best event ever!
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Viking

Thats WE for you people. The problem is that no real power can stand up to WE 20% while being unable to resolve all it's present wars.

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Viking on February 23, 2010, 11:26:13 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 23, 2010, 11:24:59 PM

How the fuck is Cairo on the coast?

How the fuck is Cairo the capital of Scotland?  :huh:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Viking

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 24, 2010, 01:09:11 PM

How the fuck is Cairo the capital of Scotland?  :huh:

unrelated problem

Viking

How Mary's lesbian fling will result in a new heir baffles me, but at least I got a boy this time. But I did replace a 5.5.8 monarch with a 5.4.5 monarch. I need more babyflu in england....

Agelastus

I think I've finally had enough of Paradox. How a third expansion to a game released years ago can still have CTD issues escapes me. My last save, the 1640 autosave and the 1639 autosave all allow play for precisely 5 days before the program crashes.  :cry: And what really kills me is the game got past that date the first time I was playing; I decided to reload as I changed my mind about who to attack.

I've bought EU. EU2, EU3, Victoria, HOI, HOI2 and HOI3 so you would think I would be used to this by now, but it is all so bloody frustrating. :mad:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Solmyr

Quote from: Agelastus on February 27, 2010, 07:01:24 PM
I think I've finally had enough of Paradox. How a third expansion to a game released years ago can still have CTD issues escapes me. My last save, the 1640 autosave and the 1639 autosave all allow play for precisely 5 days before the program crashes.  :cry: And what really kills me is the game got past that date the first time I was playing; I decided to reload as I changed my mind about who to attack.

You attacked Sweden, didn't you?

Agelastus

Quote from: Solmyr on February 28, 2010, 07:13:37 AM
Quote from: Agelastus on February 27, 2010, 07:01:24 PM

You attacked Sweden, didn't you?

Didn't have to. It had already gone from a Scandinavian-spanning giant to a two province minor all on its' own... :)

Fortunately, instead of relying on autosaves and saving every 30 or 40 years, I actually had a 1636 save which I carried on from, manually saving every 2 years.

If I read the Paradox forums right it has something to do with colonisation - I've got the game on to a save in February 1647 that insta-crashes, with an old 1644 save that seems to play all right, but I cannot see the problem when comparing the save games. Guess I'm finally going to have to succumb and register the game to see what I can find out in the tech forums. :glare:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

Agelastus

Got it. Deleted all colonisation attempts from the save-game (adding the colonists back in to the various countries pools for fairness) and I am good to continue.

What a stupid little intermittent bug. Presumably why it has not been solved - the "good" attempts from a previous save-game looked the same as the "bad" attempts from the crashing file. :hmm:
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be

ulmont

Quote from: Agelastus on February 28, 2010, 10:48:55 AM
Got it. Deleted all colonisation attempts from the save-game (adding the colonists back in to the various countries pools for fairness) and I am good to continue.

What a stupid little intermittent bug. Presumably why it has not been solved - the "good" attempts from a previous save-game looked the same as the "bad" attempts from the crashing file. :hmm:

When I reported that bug (which for me always hit the first day after reload), it was always caused by a colonist traveling east across the international date line.

Drakken

New beta patch is up, btw.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463136

Quote- Succession Wars scripted in history files should now work
- Scripts: Updated succession war histories to use correct syntax
- Changing FoG should now have a more logical effect on when the policy sliders can be changed again
- Peace cost for union formation lowered again, to 60
- A country in your SoI will now call you to war if attacked, rather than give you a CB
- Denmark can no longer instantly diplo-annex Holstein
- Added Static modifier 'national_defense'; lowers revolt risk in core provinces of your culture group when you are the original target of an offensive war
- Fixed a bug with trade leagues not getting disbanded properly on annexations
- Scripts: AI was much too liberal with Settlement Policy
- Scripts: Reduced the cultural conversion rates for some special cases
- Scripts: Chance of cultural assimilation in owned CoTs with 5+ of owner's merchants
- Scripts: Halved missionary conversion rates, except for the national focus bonus
- Scripts: Removed the income malus of tropical provinces (gamey capital movement mechanics)
- Scripts: The Muslim tech group now starts at a still higher level
- Scripts: Added some new Byzantine missions
- Scripts: The event (610) that fires on diplomatic annexation no longer decentralizes a country, but causes a stability hit
- Scripts: Added province decision 'promote_cultural_unity'
- Added event effect scope 'any_core'
- Fixed a bug with multiple copies of the same CB after reloading a save
- Scripts: Fixed a bug with event 9485; "A modest proposal"
- Fixed a bug with rebels always defecting to their sponsor
- Scripts: Event 1054, "Become an Elector" can no longer happen for republics
- Scripts: AI script for the decision 'revoke_restraint_of_appeals'
- Will now lose DotF correctly when forced to change religion
- Text: Added missing text in decline trade rights popup
- Scripts: Peace Cost for Annulment of treaties upped to 10
- Fixed a bug with message WHITEPEACEOTHER
- Scripts: Tweaked the Excommunication CB (you can only demand your cores or culture group provinces at reduced costs)
- Scripts: Doubled the base peace cost required for demanding the formation of personal unions (now 80)
- Peace AI: Fixed an issue with it demanding the release of a vassal at the same time as demanding its annexation
- The Papal diplomacy options should no longer even be visible if the Papacy is disabled
- AI should now upgrade preferred artillery as well
- Scripts: Event 9463 "The Family" should only happen to monarchies
- Theocracies can now be force converted
- The Casus Belli 'cb_spy_discovered' should now be active for AIs and in single player games as well
- Scripts: Achaea is now properly in the Western Balkans region
- Scripts: The Russian Nation decision now adds cores to Bolgar and Kasimov
- The options file "gameplaysettings.txt" is now correctly created and saved
- Text: Fixed some issues with incorrect pronouns
- Text: Added missing localization for EVTOPTB9473
- Text: Fixed typo in EVTOPTA6102
- Text: EVTOPTA9476 now works
- Revoltrisk effects are now applied after all other modifiers, so that effects of revoltrisk from temporary modifiers and from nationalism now actual appears.
- AI will no longer send missionaries to a province that has less than 1% chance of conversion.
- The truce alert will now always be shown when you have a truce, so you can determine the duration of it.
- Added clarifying and detailed tooltips to the imperical election, so that its possible to understand voting mechanics more.
- Inflation is now only halfed when going bankrupt instead of wiped.
- Bankruptcy now lasts 10 years instead of five years.
- Being declined on enforcing religious unity in the empire is an hit on imperial authority.
- You now need at least 1 imperial authority to enforce religious unity.
- The pope will now actual question your sphere if you got low prestige.
- Added a religious decision that lets you convert a missionary for some papal influence.
- Converting a province to the catholic faith increases your papal influence now.
- Having placed merchants no longer gives cultural tradition.s
- Now there is a severe penalty to missionary chance during the spread of reformation and calvinism for the provinces that convert.
- An Admiral or explorers Manuever value now affects how quickly the fleet moves.
- Added a spyaction to spawn rebels of your own religion inside a country of the same group in a province with that religion.
- Papal influence triggers and effects now work.
- It is now possible to inherit another country even when at war, as long as both parts are in the same war together.

Habbaku

Quote from: Drakken on February 28, 2010, 02:06:33 PM
- Scripts: Removed the income malus of tropical provinces (gamey capital movement mechanics)

Interesting.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien