CPAC Event On Racial Tolerance Turns To Chaos As ‘Disenfranchised’ Whites Arrive

Started by jimmy olsen, March 16, 2013, 05:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Razgovory

Hey, has Lettow posted in a while?  I kinda worry about him sometimes.  I know he's a twisted weirdo, but I kinda like him.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on March 16, 2013, 10:03:27 PM
Fact: if you use the Confederate flag for anything other than a recreation of the General Lee, and even probably then, you are a racist, and, more importantly, a traitor to the United States.  Fondness for the C.S.A. is one hundred times more un-American than present or previous membership in the C.P.U.S.A.

Given that you probably don't find CPUSA membership the slightest bit treasonous or wrong, not surprising that you'd say that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Neil

Yeah.  The confederate flag represented something fundamentally American, even if it was bad.  Membership in the CPUSA represented the destruction of the United States and the enslavement of its people by the Soviet Union.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Seems a bit odd to say they represented something fundamentally American when they wanted to split the country in two.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on March 17, 2013, 11:45:51 AM
Seems a bit odd to say they represented something fundamentally American when they wanted to split the country in two.
And yet they did.  After all, it's not like national unity was or is a great American value.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

CountDeMoney

Rand Paul won the straw vote.  All you need to know about these yahoos.

Quote"If standing for liberty and standing for the Constitution means you're a wacko bird, then count me a proud wacko bird," Cruz said. "I think there are more than a few other wacko birds gathered here today."

You got that right, Ted.  Not a problem.