News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Vietnam: Nixon's Treason

Started by Grinning_Colossus, March 16, 2013, 02:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 19, 2013, 10:15:34 PM
Nope. But I'm sure you can see the differences.

I can see a plethora of differences, none having to do with the essence of the charge as described by Joan.

Sheilbh

Opposition parties that aspire to government shouldn't undermine foreign policy of the country for political game. The way they make changes is by winning elections, not playing footsie with foreign leaders.

It may not be treason, but it makes Nixon a consequential George Galloway.
Let's bomb Russia!

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 20, 2013, 06:52:48 AM
It may not be treason

Don't really see the "may."

Quoteit makes Nixon a consequential George Galloway.

I'm sure you see the differences.

Razgovory

It's obviously not treason.  Treason is a specific and difficult to prove charge.  It may violate some other law.  Many Republicans were saying that John Kerry had violated the law when he went to the Paris Peace accord thingy back in the 1970's.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017