Bad jokes, name calling, and personality types. General douchebaggery

Started by 11B4V, March 11, 2013, 08:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2013, 01:42:36 PM
FFS, get over yourself, Berkut.

Yeah Spicey knows all of that, it is the most obvious thing in the world, no need to restate it. :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

:lmfao:  See, now that's funny.  But not in a way you are likely to ever get.

The women commanders thing isn't funny because it isn't at all subtle.  It's just the same joke over and over again (take a stereotype about women, and insert it into the battalion "combat" story).  For people who don't get subtle jokes at all and kind of resent that fact, this obvious "humor" may be the closest thing to "funny" that they know.  That still doesn't make it actually humorous; it just makes their perception that it is funny in itself.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on March 12, 2013, 01:29:49 PM
Yeah, but not funny is just not funny.

And I don't mean "not funny" in a "OMG that is not a funny thing to make a joke out of" not funny, I mean not funny just plain not funny.

And when your joke is about making fun of women, or blacks, or gays, or whatever stereotype, and it is not funny, then people who like it are generally kind of douchebags - or at least come across that way.

Since if it isn't funny, all that is left is a genuine buy into the stereotype.

Offensive humor can be damn funny, but when it ISN'T even kind of funny, what is left?

:rolleyes: :zzz
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

Quote from: grumbler on March 12, 2013, 06:14:56 AM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 12, 2013, 12:54:51 AM
:lol: Hope you didnt spend too much time thinking about those two sentences.

Don't worry about it; the rest of us got DG's point, and if you couldn't, you couldn't.  I am sure that you have coping strategies in place to compensate for your lack of reading comprehension.

As an aside, though, I would advise you not to laugh at someone who writes better than you read.  If you had just kept your mouth shut, no one would even have known about your deficiency.

Oh, so harsh.  :lol: GFYS
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2013, 02:26:08 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 12, 2013, 02:21:45 PM

You seem a bit tense spicey.

Maybe.  But you're always tense.

See, that is just it - the reality is that I am NEVER tense.

I still don't really get why, but it is a consistent observation.

Probably just because I am a bit of a douchebag myself.

0 rows returned

11B4V

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 12, 2013, 02:46:57 PM

When you argue you usually appear to be all worked-up.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory link=topic=9496.msg549191#msg549191 date=

It's not as good a picture as the male one.  I can't even tell if she's even annoyed.

You can never tell. That is what makes them unsuited for power.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on March 12, 2013, 03:00:51 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 12, 2013, 02:46:57 PM

When you argue you usually appear to be all worked-up.

I know - or rather, enough people say so that it almost certainly has to be true. I don't see it myself.

But the reality is that I am never really worked up. If I actually get annoyed, I don't post at all.

0 rows returned