Rand Paul Filibusters John Brennan, old school style

Started by jimmy olsen, March 06, 2013, 05:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admiral Yi

Then Sen. Ryan opened it and forwarded it to Sen. Paul.:nerd:

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 07, 2013, 01:08:44 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2013, 12:35:30 PM
Avoid, avoid, avoid.  I see why you voted for Obama.

I answered your question, and you are the only one avoiding anything here, because you don't like the actual answer.

Perhaps I overstated it a bit.  I think I had too much coffee this morning.

QuoteYou haven't responded to a single point made, and rather just channel Paul and sit there blathering on without actually communicating anything.

What's left that I need to respond to?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

derspiess likes the fact that it made him spooge when they mentioned drone-striking Jane Fonda manning an NVA anti-air battery, s'all.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2013, 08:48:46 AM
As fast. :contract:

This and the three posts above it, is the reason why I keep coming back to Languish, you won't get that sort of 'repartee' most any other place on the internet.  :cool:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 07, 2013, 05:05:06 PM
derspiess likes the fact that it made him spooge when they mentioned drone-striking Jane Fonda manning an NVA anti-air battery, s'all.

It did rather gain my attention.  That and the Kent State reference.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Sheilbh

I've an issue with saying that the administration should be able to ignore demands for information because it'll be used for political purposes. Of course that's true, but it's also exactly the role of the legislature, regardless of whose in office.

I do find the Republican rediscovery of civil liberties as heartening as the Democrat abandonment of them is depressing. They blocked Brennan as CIA Director four years ago because of his role in torture. Now all but two of them supported him.

The sides who want to rein in the overmighty Presidency do shift according to politics, sadly, but generally I think they should be supported in either party whenever they're around. One sinner who repents causes more rejoicing than ninety-nine righteous men and all that.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

I don't see what mileage the opposition is going to get out the "no" answer it got, other than the fact it took so long.

Sheilbh

Incidentally this increases my suspicion that come the primaries the big Republican civil war could be over foreign policy and national security, not taxes or spending cuts or social issues or immigration.
Let's bomb Russia!

derspiess

Gave it some thought & I think McCain was being a dick today. 

derspiess

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 07, 2013, 09:16:43 PM
Incidentally this increases my suspicion that come the primaries the big Republican civil war could be over foreign policy and national security, not taxes or spending cuts or social issues or immigration.

I'd be surprised if we're still talking about drones & whatnot a year from now.  But there are some deep differences between neocons and non-interventionists, that's for sure.

Scipio

What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 07, 2013, 11:08:11 PM
Gave it some thought & I think McCain was being a dick today.

Not mavericky enough for you?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017