ACLU Launches Nationwide Police Militarization Investigation

Started by jimmy olsen, March 06, 2013, 05:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on March 08, 2013, 01:50:37 PM

Answer: Because you know I never thought that, but want to hold onto to it because you imagine it is scoring you fake internet points?

I need no internet points or what ever you are again trying to imply. Again disingenuous on your part. Typical

QuoteLast I checked, a musket only held one round. Hard to argue that the Founding Fathers intended for the Second to protect the "right" of a citizen to fire some arbitrary number of rounds, isn't it?

Squirm, boy squirm away. Again typical Berkut tactic.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

It would appear that this debate needs Raz to come down from high and choose a winner.  I pick the gun nuts.  My will be done. :pope:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on March 08, 2013, 03:29:40 PM
It would appear that this debate needs Raz to come down from high and choose a winner.  I pick the gun nuts.  My will be done. :pope:

Raz, I careless about winning or losing, scoring internet points (whatever the fuck that is)  :lmfao:. Apparently it's important to Berkut at any cost, to include his character.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

Where's that damned microwave popcorn?  Thought I had some in my desk.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

ulmont

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 02:40:13 PM
Quote from: ulmont on March 08, 2013, 02:29:21 PM

The Brady Bill is just the required background check, Seedy.  You're thinking of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, and the cutoff was 10 rounds.

Plus that only applied to the guns as sold.  My Glock 17 came with a 10-round magazine but in a separate transaction I bought a couple 17-round mags off the shelf in the same store.

The magazine ban did apply to magazines generally, but grandfathered in any magazines produced before the ban went into effect.

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2013, 03:38:20 PM
Before: I dont' think disingenuine is a word.

Yes that is a mistake. Unlike Berkut I can admit a mistake.

Ed Anger

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 03:15:14 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 08, 2013, 02:48:11 PM
I just thought of something - with the SAFE act, my unregistered pistol is not unregistered in New York, AND has an illegal magazine!

I really should get rid of that thing...

I told you to find a gun buyback program and get yourself a nice $100 Amazon gift card for it.

You can get wargames from amazon now.  :)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Quote from: ulmont on March 08, 2013, 03:41:07 PM
Quote from: ulmont on March 08, 2013, 02:29:21 PM

The Brady Bill is just the required background check, Seedy.  You're thinking of the Federal Assault Weapons Ban, and the cutoff was 10 rounds.

Plus that only applied to the guns as sold.  My Glock 17 came with a 10-round magazine but in a separate transaction I bought a couple 17-round mags off the shelf in the same store.

The magazine ban did apply to magazines generally, but grandfathered in any magazines produced before the ban went into effect.

There were lots of large capacity magazines available back then though (1998) and I could swear that somehow they were still being manufactured or imported using some sort of loophole. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Interesting. I bought my FNP-9 in 2005 and it came with two 16 round mags.

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on March 08, 2013, 04:01:16 PM

Well, you're a cop.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2013, 04:04:23 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on March 08, 2013, 04:01:16 PM

Well, you're a cop.

Not at that time. Not until 2006.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 08, 2013, 04:06:11 PM
I jack off into my 30 round magazines.

Ed if you knew how many 20 and 30 rd mags I had in my possession from 20 years in the Army you'd be shocked. I gave them away in the last to years of my career. I had a footlocker full.

It was not controlled in the least bit. All I had to do was go to the armorer and he'd give me six new ones. No turn in of the old ones. Unsure how controlled it is now.

Admiral Yi

I imagine the military treats them as semi-discardable anyway.  Surely in the middle of a firefight you're not supposed to hand them into a supply sargeant and have him sign for them and give you a receipt.