News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Shades of Bernardo

Started by Malthus, May 21, 2009, 09:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Malthus on May 21, 2009, 01:54:33 PM
(in Carla Holmoka's case, she helped him rape and murder her own sister, which is inventively vile).
Wow :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Syt

(in Carla Holmoka's case, she helped him rape and murder her own sister, which is inventively vile).

Wasn't the killing supposedly an accident? I.e. they drugged the sister so the guy could rape her and they kinda overdosed her?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on May 21, 2009, 02:02:14 PM

Wasn't the killing supposedly an accident? I.e. they drugged the sister so the guy could rape her and they kinda overdosed her?

Yup, though od'ing someone for the purpose of raping them counts as "murder" even if you don't mean for them to die.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Maximus

Not to mention that they then went on to torture/rape/murder two more.

Syt

Quote from: Malthus on May 21, 2009, 02:08:27 PM
Yup, though od'ing someone for the purpose of raping them counts as "murder" even if you don't mean for them to die.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it'sd be murder in Germany, too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder#Germany
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

viper37

Quote from: saskganesh on May 21, 2009, 01:48:22 PM
Quote from: viper37 on May 21, 2009, 11:53:48 AM

I think we'll be seeing more of this as the population increase and people move more&more in the big cities.  :(

woodstock is under 40K. this is rural ontario.
anything above 5k is big city.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: viper37 on May 21, 2009, 02:34:32 PM

I think we'll be seeing more of this as the population increase and people move more&more in the big cities.  :(

:rolleyes:

To take this to the furthest extreme, we evolved as hunter gathers, therefor populations over 30 are big.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

saskganesh

Quote from: Maximus on May 21, 2009, 02:10:26 PM

AND they filmed it.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

downtown woodstock:

your argument does not convince.

Malthus

Quote from: saskganesh on May 21, 2009, 03:15:35 PM
Quote from: Maximus on May 21, 2009, 02:10:26 PM

AND they filmed it.

These cases all tend to follow a similar pattern. These people famously photographed and took sound recordings of their victims, too:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moors_murders
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Neil

Not at all.  Around a million is a big city.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

we're talking about viper37, villager afraid of the big world.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Grallon

Quote from: garbon on May 21, 2009, 05:02:19 PM
we're talking about viper37, villager afraid of the big world.

I know I shouldn't laugh Vip, but admit it, that was good.   :lol:

You definately have a country boy complex about urban tropes.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

Drakken

There are partner in crimes who are in it because of one partner totally dominates the other or coerce them to become accomplices under duress. But in these kinds of vicious murders or conspiracy to commit a crime, most partners are into it of their own free, twisted will.

Some, like Myra Hindley, Carol Bundy, or Karla Homolka, have aberrant personalities themselves without being full-blown psychopaths. They wouldn't do it by themselves, have some fantasies or kinks, but toxic, antisocial partners act like an enabler to them while sharing both responsability and something intimate. 

An interesting case to dig in is Cynthia Hendy, who helped lover and sexual sadist David Parker Ray abduct women and torture them in his self-made torture shack. It is not clear whether she took active part or got her own kicks off it, but when interviewed she doesn't really seem to act like a victim, or show any remorse or affect that she was into it under duress.

saskganesh

You guys just wait until I find pix of the City of Melville, SK, pop 4677.

also,  Martensville, SK, pop 4500, was allegedly home to a big satanism ring. day care/child abuse/missing bodies and all. turned out to be a smear job that took a life of its on, because stupid, gullible, people wanted it to happen.

yes, let's blame population growth since medieval times.