Started by Iormlund, March 05, 2013, 05:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2013, 05:30:35 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 05, 2013, 05:29:04 PM
:shutup:

:rolleyes:

What? :unsure:

I was just going for a "if you can't say anything nice..." kind of vibe, but in smilie form.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

What will Evito Morales do now? :cry:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2013, 05:35:19 PM

Look astoundingly handsome as always.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

fhdz

Quote from: derspiess on March 05, 2013, 05:36:13 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 05, 2013, 05:35:19 PM

Look astoundingly handsome as always.

He has awesome Erik Estrada hair.
and the horse you rode in on

Berkut

Euro nations flying flags at half mast?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Valmy

Quote from: Berkut on March 05, 2013, 05:55:25 PM
Euro nations flying flags at half mast?

I do feel sorta bad for Martim.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Agelastus

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 05, 2013, 05:09:49 PM
Quote from: Iormlund on March 05, 2013, 05:04:50 PM
So what now?

VP has already been annointed, so he takes over.  He'll be insecure, so even more repression of the urban opposition.

Economy will continue it's swan dive.

:hmm:

Yahoo News says this:

QuoteHis death sets up a snap presidential election after his illness prevented him from taking the oath of office when he was re-elected last year.

Under the constitution, the head of Congress, Diosdado Cabello, would assume the interim presidency

So, do I smell...

(a) Potential civil war, assuming you have a source for VP takes over?

or

(b) the normal low standards of journalistic accuracy that seem to apply these days.
"Come grow old with me
The Best is yet to be
The last of life for which the first was made."

CountDeMoney

I suppose poor people will freeze this winter after all.  :(

The Larch

Quote from: DGuller on March 05, 2013, 05:23:53 PM
Fox News wastes no time to go  :nelson: at Cuban doctors.  http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/opinion/2013/02/28/cuban-medicine-killed-hugo-chavez/  Classy.

Well, that guy quotes a Venezuelan doctor specialized in sleep disorders that works in Florida and claims to have had access to Chávez and his medical record, and takes it even further with his own axe to grind. Something in there really calls for pinches of salt to be taken but the FOX guy is more than happy to take it at face value. Great journalism.

citizen k

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2013, 06:10:21 PM

No more Chavez PR stunts.  :(

Viking

Quote from: Caliga on March 05, 2013, 05:05:25 PM
R.I.P. ....? :hmm:

no, the only thing worse than a live chavez is an immortal zombie chavez, just look what is happening in cuba with their zombie fidel.

ding dong the caudillo's dead, as with all of his ilk he was one functioning economy and weak neighbor away from being a threat to anybody other than his own people.

I await to see how they handle the succession. Will they choose the Lenin or Franco model?
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: citizen k on March 05, 2013, 06:29:59 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 05, 2013, 06:10:21 PM

No more Chavez PR stunts.  :(

You know, the other oil companies could've used the PR stunt help themselves, what with record-breaking profits....but no...

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Viking on March 05, 2013, 06:30:34 PM
I await to see how they handle the succession. Will they choose the Lenin or Franco model?

Hopefully the Washington-Jefferson-Hamilton model they used to have.

But it sounds like after today's comments from the Veep that's not happening anytime soon.  :lol:

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.